All Topics / Help Needed! / Geraldton property management

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of robkaren15629robkaren15629
    @robkaren15629

Can anyone recommend a good property management company in Geraldton? We have a few rental properties in Geraldton and live interstate. We have found it difficult to get things organised at times  and would like a change of company. If anyone has some positive feedback for a manager we would appreciate hearing about it. Thanks.

Profile photo of lisabellanlisabellan
    Participant
    @lisabellan

Hi, I recently sold 4 units in Geraldton. I don’t live local so having a good property manager was really important. I used Geraldton Property Team, used to be Roy Weston. I found them good, however had to get onto them now and again and rang around to get my own quotes sometimes. otherwise though, over the 4 years I used them I had no major issues. I hope this helps!!

Profile photo of Investor_jimInvestor_jim
    @investor_jim

I wouldn't recommend using Kalazich Smith Real Estate

I had a rental property that I had to sell.  The agent listed it then went on vacation for a month.  An offer came through while she was on vacation and the agent that was covering for her was so busy that the offer didn’t get properly responded to and the buyer walked.  Then once the agent came back we ended up selling it for over a LOT less. 

Then the property manager told me the tenant gave notice.  I told her to make sure she gets written notice and to make sure they pay rent for the whole 3 weeks. She let them move out a week later.  I asked them to give me a copy of the Notice to Vacate, they didn’t.   To this day I have not seen a copy of their notice to move out. 

I used to think that Geraldton Property Team was the best property manager, but have recently changed my mind.  I have a  house there now which they are managing.  The tenant who is behind on their rent wants to get out of the lease early.  They have been siding with the tenant on this issue and have even tried to pressure me to let the tenant out early.

I would recommend Andrew Short First Naitonal for property management.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.