All Topics / Help Needed! / land in the country

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of nadelle.wells@bigpond.com[email protected]
    @nadelle.wells-bigpond.com

Hi,
     new to this site, want to get into investing but my finances are tight at the moment, I thought about vacant blocks of land in the country not far from major towns, and later sell or build then sell .
    Just need some feedback

thanx

Profile photo of CHISCHIS
    Participant
    @chis

Avoid blocks of land like the plague
    Building is expensive. It is now cheaper to buy a house than build it
    A block of land provides you with absolutely no tax breaks. It doesn't pay you rent. They are very hard to offload if you get into trouble.
    Bricks and mortar. The time is nigh

Profile photo of Tony BTony B
    @tony-b

Hi
    I agree with Chris. I have a deposit with a builder since April there has been 4 price rises to about 15k plus the land price increase. My figures showed me it was cheaper to build but now if you look around you will find a place the same 2 or 3 years old for less. As to blocks of land in the country my friend they may be cheap but the cost of building in the bush in more about 5% more. Also people dont want to live in a place with no jobs. Try selling it……  You can do money on a block easy, you have to hold it for 5 year to make it worth while.  Think before you buy sorry to say it mate but Location Location Location……
    All the best

T…………………

Profile photo of nadelle.wells@bigpond.com[email protected]
    @nadelle.wells-bigpond.com

thanx  guys, I am still researching on different ways to start my property investing, i am saving like mad, i won't give up

nadelle

Profile photo of ummesterummester
    @ummester
    nadellesophia wrote:
    thanx  guys, I am still researching on different ways to start my property investing, i am saving like mad, i won't give up

nadelle

Keep saving, looking and waiting… you'll get your shot.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.