All Topics / General Property / Should I be buying now?

Viewing 5 posts - 101 through 105 (of 105 total)
  • Profile photo of wallyt99wallyt99
    @wallyt99

Well, I feel that unemployment will rise, small businesses secured against homes will cause some foreclosures – BUT…..

Property with good fundamentals will not suffer.

You all know what the fundamentals are…..I looked through the Auction results today (Melbourne) and the small places in good suburbs, are still booming.

Poor areas, particularly overcapitalised McMansions in small areas will suffer.

Profile photo of MiketamMiketam
    @miketam

Alot of fear in the market now, Share and property. Channel 7 with Kochy and credit crisis problem telling how things may get worse but don't panic. They mentioned Perth, Darwin and parts of Melbourne could have house prices dropping. This does make sense with some of the high prices in these cities.
    Remember the main thing that control price is supply and demand. Going by the stats there is more people moving to Australia every year. Also research expected property growth in the next 5-20 years. Soon the media will be talking about the housing crisis again soon.

Profile photo of devo76devo76
    @devo76

I think the places they mentioned have a greater risk of dropping house values especially if mining slows down. Im from a mining family and believe me it can happen fast.

Profile photo of LouidaoudLouidaoud
    @louidaoud

hey guys,
    i just finished reading the book, from 0 to 130 properties in 3.5 years and i have been inspired to invest in property when i have enough saved for a deposit, but my parents doubt me because of my age as i am still young at 17 and completing yr 12. can you guys please give me hints into what to invest as my target deposit is $15 000 and if you think age is a barrier?

thank you

Profile photo of ajaydee73ajaydee73
    Participant
    @ajaydee73

Age is not such a barrier, but I would recommend saving a bigger deposit (plus a buffer) and waiting until unemployment looks like it is going down. At the moment it's going up. http://financialdisasters.blogspot.com This could be a few years away. Better to be patient rather than paying tens of thousands of dollars too much. You won't make money that way.

Viewing 5 posts - 101 through 105 (of 105 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.