All Topics / Help Needed! / TEST, Why is this property positive cash flow?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of GeoffBeckGeoffBeck
    @geoffbeck

Okay, found this one on Realestate.com.au, so why is this property positive cash flow, or is it?

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsearch?a=o&id=105190760&f=0&p=10&t=res&ty=&fmt=&header=&cc=&c=77462724&s=qld&snf=rbs&tm=1222338464

Cheers,
    GeoffB

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

$9500 annual rent divided by $55,000 = return of 17% loan interest rates around 10% that is 7% positve after interest payment on loan.
    What you need to find out is what the Strata fees are. How much does having the in ground pool cost you each week ?
    Are there management fees you have to pay each week.
    Fully furnished – is there depreciation of fittings ? Do you have to replace fitting over time ?
    Does building depreciation come into the positive gearing claim.
    Are you able to get finance for this type of property ?
    Do you have to pay for repairs to the common property . Like lifts, stairwells , paths, life guards, ect
    From the expected rental return it would seem positively geared but if you have to pay extra running costs like mentioned above plus water rates, Council rates, insurance it may look not so positive.

Profile photo of depreciatordepreciator
    @depreciator

With these sort of places, cleaning/laundry costs per visitor can often work out at 20% of the gross rent.

You'd probably end up with a place that is neutrally geared.

And hard to onsell.

But you'd have somewhere cheap to holiday – it's not a bad place, Treetops.

Profile photo of units4meunits4me
    @units4me

The killer blow would be the huge BC/maintenence costs, not stated. I doubt it would be anywhere near even CF neutral.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.