All Topics / Creative Investing / Renting out Advertising Space on investment property

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of bundyanimalbundyanimal
    Participant
    @bundyanimal

I have recently purchased an investment property on the southside of brisbane. It is a corner block, and the side of the property borders a very public and busy road.

I am holding until hopefully the area gets rezoned.

My question is that I have a 5ft fence up adjacent the busy road, and has great potential for renting out the fence space with business advertising.

This could be a way of earning extra cash. It is a prime area as the side fence is a major road in Logan city.

Is this legal.

Does anyone know anything about renting out advertising space on investment properties?

Cheers in advance

Bundyanimal

Profile photo of gibbo1gibbo1
    Participant
    @gibbo1

Check with you local council as it will be their by-laws that will affect the legality.  There are a few companies around that rent spaces from the "land owner" and then sell the spots to advertisers. I can't think of any of the names of the top of my head but when out driving around look at some billboard adverts and down the bottom should be the name of the company.  A quick call to some of those companies may give you an indication whether it is worth pursuing

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

If the LEP allows it you will need to submit a DA – speak to the town planning dept at council. If it is a permitted use, then contact Manboom, Cody Signs etc.

Profile photo of cowlesscowless
    Participant
    @cowless

I would seek the appropriate DA planning approval then source it your self. The big billboard companies will only pay you a small amount and charge the people advertisaing absolute bucket loads. I'd say that if it was such a great spot then one of these big companies would have already approached council and or previous land lords to have advertising there.

I'd suggest that you get a copy of Logan City Council's local law 9 at http://www.lgp.qld.gov.au/applications/localLawSearch/data/preamalgamation/LOGA/09.11_Advertisement%201999%20SLL_res31-01-06.pdf
    and see what size the signs need to be before they need advertising. This can mean the difference between them being allowed or not. If they are under a certain size, they wont need licencing.
    Hope this helps!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.