All Topics / Help Needed! / Renting %

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Nikki PNikki P
    @nikki-p

Hey Everyone,

I’m new to the world of property investing, and have been researching and reading books for the last couple of weeks or so. I believed that I had found a gem in the CBD area. However its not to be so, as banks wont lend me 80% of purchase price as its under 50sq/m (46.3).

Anyway, enough tales of woe. I was actually wondering…

As I said previously I’ve been researching, and discovered that many of the suburbs have a renting percentage of around 33.

My question is: What percentage of renters should I aim for in a suburb that will keep my property (when I manage to find one) tenanted.

I am also using http://[email protected] to do my researching does anyone else have suggestions to another source of data that I may fins useful?

Thanks all.

Kind Regards,

Nikki

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Nikki

Not being funny but you would not have an issue financing a 46.3 Sq Metres unit subject to other considerations.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Nikki PNikki P
    @nikki-p

Agreed. I went to another bank and they said that they would finance the property just yesterday arvo. But by the time I got back to the real estate agent they had already sold it :’(

Kind regards,
    Nikki

Profile photo of sallyannsallyann
    @sallyann

It's more the vacancy rate than the rental % I reckon. Keep an eye on the rental ads for the suburb – if there are heaps in that price range there may be oversupply.

There'll be another one.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.