All Topics / Overseas Deals / HSBC in the US

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of Mal111Mal111
    @mal111

Has anyone used HSBC in the US to get a loan from to purchase investment properties in the US?

Profile photo of Luke TaylorLuke Taylor
    Participant
    @world-changer

Hi Mal,
    I have a good connection at HSBC(the business banking manager) and they tried everything they could to get me a loan being a foreign national with no credit score or SS number.

They said they could do it but then later realised they couldnt.I did get a credit card though from them quite easily and this can help with a loan later.

Luke Taylor | Hope Property Investing
    http://hopepropertyinvesting.com
    Email Me

Property Support,Strategist and Buyers Agent

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

I rest my case.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Participant
    @world-changer

Hi Richard,i see yr still on this forum 24/7.Keep up the big efforts man !

Try a broker mate,they ll do the running around for you and save you stress.

Email Me

Profile photo of bardonbardon
    Participant
    @bardon

Try Seth…………………………………..

Participant
    @world-changer

Ha ha ha Seth hey man ???
    Hes well and truly bankrupted and liquidated  now thank God!!

Hey Bardon I just connected onto the forum and caught yr name ,
    hows things?

Mal you could try Ben Carmona but im not sure if hes still in business after the crash.
    he has integrity which is hard to find in this game.(but dont take anyones word for it check him out!)
    http://www.bencarmona.com

Email Me

Profile photo of bardonbardon
    Participant
    @bardon

Well there is justice if Seth has bee ncaught out although I wouldn't be surprised if he squirms back somehow.

Things good for me WC I am keeping my investement activity local in SEQ these days, it is good to jump in the car and look at things.  Being a bit creative with mjy tax and PPR's this is working for me. Just finsihed a new build in Ningi and am window shopping in a few areas for another IP.  Might just hang off a little longer see what the fallout is form recent economic events.

Flat out with day job which is going real well, family is good getting swimming pool finished at home.

I was in NYC this summer for a big wedding didn't bother going up to WNY that is well and truly behind me now.  Had a ball in NYC got .98 for the oz.  Stayed in the Waldor Astoria highly recomended and also had a great trip to Washington.  I gotta say I have had some good tucker around the world including Tokyo etc but Manhattan is the best for me.  The bars are brill, barman wipes down bar, three napkins, jack and ice keep it coming great counter lunch…..

Hope your efforts in the US are bearing fruit and hope you keep posting.  Are you out of WNY? and I take it you are still active in Texas

Participant
    @qlds007

Hi WC Yes here 24/7.

I think you will all find that Ben C went the way of many a good wine after a night out and thats down the drain.

Profile photo of nkrasnnkrasn
    @nkrasn

Hi There

I too am interested to know how I can borrow money in the USA to buy an investment property.
    I hear that recently they have tightened things up for foreigners with regards to borrowing money and have actually stopped it for the time being. Does anyone know how  or have any ideas on how to get around these restrictions?

cheers Natasha

Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Natasha

Good luck in obtaining finance for a FN.

One lender we used to use a lot WAMU actually became a victim of the credit crisis and folded at the weekend.

Profile photo of paul4471paul4471
    @paul4471
    World Changer wrote:
    Hi Mal,

They said they could do it but then later realised they couldnt.I did get a credit card though from them quite easily and this can help with a loan later.

WC – are you saying you managed the magic trick oif getitng a US based credit card without a SSN/credit rating? Can you give me some more details. I have a small property portfolio in the US and have been looking for aUS based CC deal for ages but as most know it seems nigh on impossible no matter what.

Participant
    @world-changer

Hi Boys and Gals,
    Yes Paul i was awarded a hsbc credit card and they re always wanting to give me more credit????Its no wonder so many people are smashed out on credit debts.
    it was very easy actually ,too easy.
    from memory i had to open a hsbc US and ozzie account and that was it

Email Me

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.