All Topics / General Property / Photos for the Condition Report

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of kenzelkenzel
    @kenzel

Hi All,

Just wondering whether there are any digital cameras that takes photos with a timestamp so I can get proof of the condition of the property prior to leasing it out and proof that it was taken prior to tennants moving in.

Also how early should I take the photos? a day before tennants move in or 1 month possible?

Thanks,
    Kenzel

Profile photo of sallyannsallyann
    @sallyann

There are heaps with a timestamp but I think they would all be "settable" so it's not going to be absolute proof (ie no guarantee you set the correct date). Still pretty good though. Best if you actually printed them and both parties initialled and dated the back of them. Immediately before move-in would be ideal I think.

Profile photo of gibbo1gibbo1
    Participant
    @gibbo1

In the JPEG file most cameras will store the date/time taken as part of the file, even if it isn't printed on the photo.  As part of the property condition report include some of the photos on that.  Easy enough to print out with a good colour printer.  As Sallyann suggested get both parties to sign the report.  The photos should be a true representation of the condition of the property as to when the tenants take possesion.  If the place has been vacant for a month and nothing has changed during that time, it still represents the condition at the time possesion is taken by the new tennants.  If you use old photos and you have weeds that grow in your garden at the same speed they do in my garden – the new tennants may see that its not a true representation and be unwilling to sign.

Profile photo of kenzelkenzel
    @kenzel

Thanks Guys

So getting signature from tennant on back of photos is more important is more preferred than timestamp?

Profile photo of newbi2newbi2
    @newbi2

Unless you plan on taking a tonne of pics (from across the room you may not notice multipe small picture hook marks for example) what is wrong with the detailed property report? Just curious? It has to be signed by the tennant, although I guess you are relying on the agent to take the time to fill it in accurately.

Profile photo of harbharb
    @harb
    kenzel wrote:
    Hi All, Just wondering whether there are any digital cameras that takes photos with a timestamp so I can get proof of the condition of the property prior to leasing it out and proof that it was taken prior to tennants moving in. Also how early should I take the photos? a day before tennants move in or 1 month possible? Thanks, Kenzel

I think all of them have a timestamp. Why not take them when you hand them the keys then burn a couple of CDs and hand them one to hold?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.