All Topics / General Property / Depreciation Report

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of PropertySeekerPropertySeeker
    Participant
    @propertyseeker

Hi all,

I want to get depreciation reports done for my IPs, I have checked out some such as TaxShield.com.au, and quantitysurveyor.com.au, however they dont even come to checkout my properties? I'm not sure how it works, I thought they would need to come and inspect whats there, like equipment, common area stuff….

can someone tell me the process of getting a depreciation report?

and if someone has had good experience with one, can you mention them as well?

Thanks heaps
    PropertySeeker

Profile photo of redleavesredleaves
    @redleaves

Where is the property that you want surveyed?
    I have an excellent quantity surveyor based on the Gold Coast but services all over SEQ

Profile photo of depreciatordepreciator
    @depreciator

PropertySeeker,
    Ideally, a QS visits the property. But if it's a pre 85 built property, that may not make sense. Or if the property is in the middle of nowhere it might be too expensive. A good QS group (not mentioning any names) will work out a sensible solution.
    When you commission a Depreciation Schedule, pay for it, and use it in your tax, you are accepting responsibility for the accuracy of it, so you need to be sure whoever does puts it together does it properly. I wouldn't be comfortable with a DIY on-line version, but that's just me.
    Scott

Profile photo of petronapetrona
    @petrona

We've used Australian Tax Depreciation Services for all our properties, all of which were pre-1985.  For a full depreciation report, including site visit, it cost us $495.  They have offices across Australia.  I think their customer service is excellent, we've been very happy with their work, and I'd recommend them to anyone.

NB: no, I'm in no way affiliated with them! But I do think that good work should be rewarded by word of mouth recommendations.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.