All Topics / Help Needed! / investing in queensland

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of opportunityopportunity
    @opportunity

Hi,
    I am looking at buying an investment property in Queensland.  Found out that there is lot of growth happening in South East Queensland.  I am investigating on suburbs in the Ipswich city area.  For eg. Redbank Plains, Goodna etc. 
    would anyone know to tell me much abouut these areas and future growth potentials etc.  Since I live in Sydney I do not know much about queensland or Brisbane metro.  I like to know other potential suburbs as well.  I am looking at holding for about 3-5 years and sell at a profit (hopefully!). 
    I am looking at a new property so that I would get the depreciation.  Does new property that has been depreciated reduce in price if up for sale after a few years?  On the otherhand I am sceptic if the prices would not go too much in these areas.

Opportunity

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Opportunity

Firstly welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy your time with us.

I dont think you have to worry too much about the long term capital growth in the areas you have indicated. The development of Ipswich and the Goodna corridor is amazing and the upgrade of the Ipswich Motorway (only 10 years + overdue) will make travel to and from the area a lot easier.

I am in the Western suburbs of Brissie and have financed many clients buying in the areas you have mentioned.

Springfield Lakes is a newer suburb and the growth and demand is ever increasing. Anywhere around the Brookwater Golf Course areas is in great demand.  Rental demand is also high and the yields are getting better.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Monopoly_ManMonopoly_Man
    @monopoly_man

Hi There,

I have just purchased a unit in Ascot at what I believe to be an awesome price. I have just read about the Bowen Hills area and some 30 high rises going in in the next decade. Both residential and comercial. Would this mean and increase in value for people in the area? see article below.
    http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/articles/2008/03/31/1206850806387.html

Cheers
    MM

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.