All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Accountant or Financial Adviser?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of MakeJJMakeJJ
    @makejj

Who is the best person to speak to first when starting to invest in property?

I know a financial adviser will need to be seen to assist in planning….

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Hi

Accountants can advise on taxation and structuring (ie trusts, companies, individual names and tax consequences).
    Financial planners supposedly advise on planning for retirement, but there are not many who can incorporate property into their thinking.

The best thing to do is to work it out for yourself with pointers from your various advisors along the way.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of newbi2newbi2
    @newbi2

I agree with Terry,

No one else will look after your money like you, and at the end of the day, no one else but you has to find grocery money so do try to pick up as much as you can. It certainly seems overwhelming to start with, but I would encourage you to start things simply, talk to people that seem to be doing what you would like ot do, read posts on here, ask questions, but just start to get it worked out. When it does come time to talk to either, have a sensible list of queries that will help the profesional answer with information relevant to you (and also cut down their time thus cost). Ask for a referal to either from theis site and you will find one who will have PROVEN experience with other investors. They all learn about it in their degrees I am sure, but with so many areas of specialty, it is good to find one who is up to date with your chosen strategy.

Profile photo of erikkoerikko
    @erikko

i advise you to take accountant's advice, they are good at taxation and other money matters

Profile photo of MakeJJMakeJJ
    @makejj

Thanks for the advice.  I'm an analyst and I do plan a lot before I make any move which is sometimes a disadvantage as it takes me a long time to actually put it in action! 

I do however need taxation advice as this what I am not very good at.

Profile photo of newynewy
    @newy

i live in brisbane and am looking for a good, proven financial planner can anyone recommend one for me???

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.