All Topics / Help Needed! / Asbestos questions and answers.

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of mackersmackers
    @mackers

After reading some of the posts here, I have decided to offer a little help with regards to asbestos being a licensed removalist with over 18 years experience I am prepared to offer help and advice for anyone who needs help with regards asbestos or removing it or what to do with it.

If you have a question about asbestos please feel free to post it here and I shall endeavor to answer your question

There are just two requirements to note here. First please include which state you are in when posting as each state has different requirements for handling asbestos although all acknowledge the nohsc code of practice as industry standards and the second is NO I WONT DO YOUR WORK FOR YOU AS I AM NOT ADVERTISING MY SERVICES HERE I am just offering help guidance in the hope to give you all a better understanding.  

Profile photo of BuilderBobBuilderBob
    Participant
    @builderbob

mackers

That is a very kind offer and after losing a family member to asbestos cancer as well as good friend it is really important people take care when around asbestos.

Profile photo of Bayside property investmentsBayside property investments
    Participant
    @bayside-property-investments

Hi
    In Brisbane what is the requirement if you would like to remove a half metre of asbestos?  Is it possible to remove an asbestos roof and dispose of yourself?

Thanks for your help.

Profile photo of WylieWylie
    @wylie

Hi Mackers. I have posted a question in the other thread regarding asbestos and would love your opinion and help on my problem. Thank you so much.

Profile photo of mackersmackers
    @mackers
    Wylie wrote:
    Hi Mackers. I have posted a question in the other thread regarding asbestos and would love your opinion and help on my problem. Thank you so much.

You should have it vacuumed as this would be deemed as friable asbestos waste. ONLY a class licensed company could do this work. Do NOT allow any company to inform you that they can do it if they do not have and a class prescribed license. And the correct insurances as if you do not have this removed you run the very real risk of contaminating your home each time the man hole is lifted.This is a classic example of how the boggy builders go around doing this sort of work. Many times I hear the same story and it is all too often too late when we become involved as people are often losing house hold belongings because of contamination.Recently in MacKay I was there at the request of insurance companies to undergo inspections of works carried out by so called licensed builders and so called licensed asbestos removal companies. And I have to tell you out of the 19 houses I visited not one of them was done within the guidelines or code of practice. And indeed many of these houses were re done by me to remove the risk of contamination. Sadly many of these families have lost their possessions many of which could never be replaced but the sad fact is get the wrong company in to do the job and they will cause you future pain and heart ache

In your question you do not say where you are within this country but if you are within Queensland please feel free to email me and I can arrange for a list of companies to go to for you.   

Profile photo of mackersmackers
    @mackers
    Bayside property investments wrote:
    Hi
    In Brisbane what is the requirement if you would like to remove a half metre of asbestos?  Is it possible to remove an asbestos roof and dispose of yourself?

Thanks for your help.

There are a couple of things for you to keep in mind. Firstly asbestos is not something which should be taken lightly sad fact is it kills. If handled incorrectly. And is the risk to yourself and your family one which would outstrip the cost of getting someone in. often for the cost of 100 dollars people are trying to do these them and causing unforeseen problems for themselvesAs for the half a meter of removal, why would you wish to remove it yourself when the cost of gearing up for this would far outweigh the cost of getting someone to do it for you.Basic costing would be plastic 80 dollars. Ppe 100 dollars vacuum for asbestos dust 1400 dollars and disposal would be about 200 dollars. When for someone to come and do this for you would be all up a max of 150 dollars.

Also as for your roof the simple answer is no not unless you obtain a b class license and the proper equipment. There are companies out on the market place who will lift and remove your roof and dispose of it for 15 to 20 dollars per square meter. if you email me i can send you a list of companies. which would help you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.