All Topics / General Property / Perth booming again?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 31 total)
  • Profile photo of Carl.AlexanderCarl.Alexander
    Participant
    @carl.alexander
    Join Date: 2006
    Post Count: 50

    Has anyone noticed like I have the huge sharp increases of late in the Golden Triangle area of Perth??

    Some properties are being advertised at prices that have never been that high before. No doubt certain areas such as Mandurah and Down South are down but other areas are on the way up!

    Profile photo of harbharb
    Member
    @harb
    Join Date: 2006
    Post Count: 324
    Carl.Alexander wrote:
    Has anyone noticed like I have the huge sharp increases of late in the Golden Triangle area of Perth?? Some properties are being advertised at prices that have never been that high before. No doubt certain areas such as Mandurah and Down South are down but other areas are on the way up!

    Not only down but also below replacement costs which in turn has put the brakes on building new homes. Good news for buyers, not so good for renters. What you have noticed is probably a move from quantity to quality so its only a matter of time before the available stock runs dry and Perth booms again. A few interest rate cuts over the next few months will also help push things along,specially since we are not going to be affected much by a recession in NSW and VIC

    Profile photo of hbbehrendorffhbbehrendorff
    Member
    @hbbehrendorff
    Join Date: 2006
    Post Count: 293

    "we are not going to be affected much by a recession"  What planet are you currently on ? Do you not know that today lehman brothers went broke today ? the dow jones lost 500 points in one day… America has a 8 billion dollar world debt, Banks that survived the great depression are falling over like dominos, The American housing market is totally destroyed and there Interest rates are only 2%.  You think Australia's reserve bank lowers interest rates .25% down to 7% and there will be a boom ? Australia's property boom was bigger then the US and you think everything is going to be alright ? Credit Card debt has toped 50 billion in Australia now, double compared to just a few years ago.

    How much knowledge do you really have about ecconomics ? Do you even know how the system works ? or is everything you know based on Idiots who run seminars that tell you property doubles every 7-10 years ? Perhaps that news that tells you unrealistic BS about the ecconomy being fine and that the worst is over, I'll tell you right now,  people havent seen nothing yet,  At minimum Australia will have a very bad recession,  Though probably a depression, This has been a long time comming, 30 years comming and within the next few years everything will crash around peoples feet and wonder why ? what happened ?

    The world cannot continue to run on the same financial doctrine that we have been since the 20th century,  Fractional banking just dosent work and now we all have to pay the price for what we have been putting off through compiling debt and false equity.

    Our dollar peaked this year at around 98 U.S how it has crashed down to 78,   Last year we seen the peak of our property market and this year we saw the peak of our dollar… Thats it folks,  the boom is officially finished,  The arrow has been shot up so far into the sky and now it is heading into freefall

    Unemployment is rising, Sales have plummeted on both housing caused by insane prices and high interest rates along with retail spending,  Now our dollar is going to crap which will continue to lower our profits from what is left of the resources boom.  It wouldn't matter if interest rates where droped to 4 or 5% tommorow, the damage is already done, people are debbted out to the max while loosing jobs at the same time.  It wouldn't supprise me if from this point on the national deficits start up and our national debt goes sky high.

    The whole world runs off a consumption ecconomy,  this has to stop very soon or the world will stop it for us. Think about it for a minute, You can buy a Toaster for less then $15.  No sane person can say that $15 represents the value of the product and its manufacture.  Iron is blasted out of the ground in one country,  Plastic is made from oil in another country and then these materials are shipped to another to be turned into a product, then its shiped across the world again,  then its trucked all the way through your country and brought to your shop,  Then the shop pays people to stack the product on a shelf before you come and buy it for a few dollars…  this is a linear system and linear systems cannot be run for infinite time,  The worlds resources are almost run out and the debt we all take on to make this system continue is causing a burden so great,  it can't be ignored any longer.

    These are only a few factors playing a role in what the news downplays as a "Slowdown" which is really the whole finacial system comming to collapse.

    Major changes are going to come within the next few years,  its so imminent yet so many believe huge booms are comming or everything will be ok,  Everything will not be ok,  People should be preparing now for the future,  Buying money that cannot loose value like gold or silver (though it may be conficated by the government in the future) Storing long life food and water,  Storing fuel and buying Generators and water purifiers,  And considering moving out of the city.

    I would appreciate if misinformed people do not start throwing insults because the truth is to unbelieve to believe, If you really think I'm that wrong support your argument with facts not character defamation

    Profile photo of rudo1phrudo1ph
    Participant
    @rudo1ph
    Join Date: 2008
    Post Count: 38
    hbbehrendorff wrote:
    I would appreciate if misinformed people do not start throwing insults because the truth is to unbelieve to believe, If you really think I'm that wrong support your argument with facts not character defamation

    I think that's what called the pot calling the kettle black.

    Profile photo of hbbehrendorffhbbehrendorff
    Member
    @hbbehrendorff
    Join Date: 2006
    Post Count: 293
    rudo1ph wrote:
    hbbehrendorff wrote:
    I would appreciate if misinformed people do not start throwing insults because the truth is to unbelieve to believe, If you really think I'm that wrong support your argument with facts not character defamation

    I think that's what called the pot calling the kettle black.

    can you explain why ? instead of doing exactly what I asked people not to do.

    Profile photo of sapphire101sapphire101
    Participant
    @sapphire101
    Join Date: 2006
    Post Count: 203
    hbbehrendorff wrote:
    rudo1ph wrote:
    hbbehrendorff wrote:
    I would appreciate if misinformed people do not start throwing insults because the truth is to unbelieve to believe, If you really think I'm that wrong support your argument with facts not character defamation

    I think that's what called the pot calling the kettle black.

    can you explain why ? instead of doing exactly what I asked people not to do.

    Run for the hills Henny Penny… before its too late!

    Profile photo of sam2009856sam2009856
    Member
    @sam2009856
    Join Date: 2006
    Post Count: 79
    Profile photo of harbharb
    Member
    @harb
    Join Date: 2006
    Post Count: 324
    hbbehrendorff wrote:
    Do you not know that today lehman brothers went broke today ? the dow jones lost 500 points in one day…

    So what's your point ? Resources were up over here, or didn't you know that ? You do know that Lehman Brothers are in US and our banks have minimal exposure, right ? What's this obsession with the yanks anyway, I looked over at the Australian GHPC site and every thread is about them. Chill out dudes, the world will not end because a few companies fall over on the other side of the planet.

    Quote:
    America has a 8 billion dollar world debt, Banks that survived the great depression are falling over like dominos, The American housing market is totally destroyed and there Interest rates are only 2%. You think Australia's reserve bank lowers interest rates .25% down to 7% and there will be a boom ?

    As I said a few months ago, mid 5's by next June and a couple of rate cuts before Xmas. Perth is definitely on the right track for a boom early next year.

    Quote:
    How much knowledge do you really have about ecconomics ? Do you even know how the system works ? or is everything you know based on Idiots who run seminars that tell you property doubles every 7-10 years ? Perhaps that news that tells you unrealistic BS about the ecconomy being fine and that the worst is over, I'll tell you right now, people havent seen nothing yet, At minimum Australia will have a very bad recession, Though probably a depression, This has been a long time comming, 30 years comming and within the next few years everything will crash around peoples feet and wonder why ? what happened ?

    Not mmmuch, why don't you enlighten us ? I'm sure you must have read plenty on the subject over at GHPC.

    Quote:
    Our dollar peaked this year at around 98 U.S how it has crashed down to 78, Last year we seen the peak of our property market and this year we saw the peak of our dollar… Thats it folks, the boom is officially finished, The arrow has been shot up so far into the sky and now it is heading into freefall

    It didn't crash, it merely corrected itself to where it should have been before the speculators moved in – ~mid 70c .
    There is no freefall just like there was no 40%+ crash in the property market , its all in your mind.

    Quote:
    Unemployment is rising,

    No its not, not over here. Maybe over in Brisbane or Sydney it is but in Perth there are just not enough workers.

    Quote:
    Sales have plummeted on both housing caused by insane prices and high interest rates along with retail spending, Now our dollar is going to crap which will continue to lower our profits from what is left of the resources boom.

    As you said : "How much knowledge do you really have about ecconomics ? Do you even know how the system works ?"
    Lower AUD = more profits for resource stocks & farmers

    Quote:

    Major changes are going to come within the next few years, its so imminent yet so many believe huge booms are comming or everything will be ok, Everything will not be ok, People should be preparing now for the future, Buying money that cannot loose value like gold or silver (though it may be conficated by the government in the future) Storing long life food and water, Storing fuel and buying Generators and water purifiers, And considering moving out of the city.

    Ahhh, I was wondering when you'd get to the head for the hills part. Let me ask you something son, and please be honest here…did the naughty boys at GHPC tricked you into spending your pocket money on gold and silver ? Both are down more then 30% so be careful and don't let them sell you any shares. You should have listen to the good ol' boys at SS and bought some property with your money , worst case scenario would have been a few % down but would have more then made up for it in tax deductions. (if you happen to work and pay tax that is) Oh well, at least since you've stocked up on baked beans you won't go hungry over the next few years.

    Quote:
    I would appreciate if misinformed people do not start throwing insults because the truth is to unbelieve to believe, If you really think I'm that wrong support your argument with facts not character defamation

    Arise anarchy, Fight the NWO

    So it would be ok if informed people did ? This is not the Socialist Party son, you have the right to free speech and to be wrong . Why would you want someone to prove you wrong anyway, do you feel insecure and need confirmation you've made the right decision ?

    Profile photo of rudo1phrudo1ph
    Participant
    @rudo1ph
    Join Date: 2008
    Post Count: 38

    What Harb said

    hbbehrendorff wrote:
    rudo1ph wrote:
    hbbehrendorff wrote:
    I would appreciate if misinformed people do not start throwing insults because the truth is to unbelieve to believe, If you really think I'm that wrong support your argument with facts not character defamation

    I think that's what called the pot calling the kettle black.

    can you explain why ? instead of doing exactly what I asked people not to do.

    Profile photo of hbbehrendorffhbbehrendorff
    Member
    @hbbehrendorff
    Join Date: 2006
    Post Count: 293

    Wow,  Today AIG went under and was bailed out from the federal reserve,  Australian stock market down… It appears Im being proven wrong more every day.

    Perhaps now is the perfect time to but a new SS and a $500 000 house… after all,  it will double in the next year or two. lmao

    Profile photo of harbharb
    Member
    @harb
    Join Date: 2006
    Post Count: 324
    hbbehrendorff wrote:
    Wow, Today AIG went under and was bailed out from the federal reserve, Australian stock market down… It appears Im being proven wrong more every day.

    And what has AIG or even ASX got to do with the property market in Perth ? Stop pointing to OS markets and trying to CONvince us you are right or I'll have to point you to Zimbabwe where house prices do double every year.

    How about telling us what happened to the supposed freefall crash in UK ? A huge 0.3% down for the past year and

    " Despite the annual fall, house prices rose on a monthly basis, growing 1 per cent in July. The average UK house price now stands at £217,171 compared to £215,029 in June."

    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/money/property_and_mortgages/article4764814.ece

    How does that compare with your gold and silver "investments" for the year ?

    Quote:
    Perhaps now is the perfect time to but a new SS and a $500 000 house… after all, it will double in the next year or two. lmao

    You can but a new SS but can you afford to buy a new one and do you have a DL to use it? .
    As for that $500,000 house I think the banks have a rule against lending large amounts of $ to the unemployed and school kids. Anyway I think you've got mixed up here, its the rent that will double in the next year or two and property every 7 years.

    Profile photo of hbbehrendorffhbbehrendorff
    Member
    @hbbehrendorff
    Join Date: 2006
    Post Count: 293

    Gold has stood the test of time,  Paper pulled out of a magic hat will not.

    Gold was $21 an ounce in 1930 now it is almost 40 times that value,  while your paper money's value has continued to loose its worth.

    Every time you rebuttal by insulting my character and throwing accusations you prove your limited grasp of world ecconomics and your maturity,  yet you call me a kid.

    Just answer a question,  Does it make you feel big,  empowered and respected by your fellow forum members when instead of presenting your thesis in a well formed factual representation of your ecconomic knowledge,  you post slander and silly little school girl comments.

    I have formed my arguments based upon years of Economical,  Historical,  Philosophical and Theological study along with first person accounts from people who have lived through the great depression,  This is not something I have came to the conclusion on a whim,  What prior knowledge or experience do you base your ecconomic predictions on ?  Sandra Sullys finance segment ?

    Profile photo of hbbehrendorffhbbehrendorff
    Member
    @hbbehrendorff
    Join Date: 2006
    Post Count: 293
    Profile photo of harbharb
    Member
    @harb
    Join Date: 2006
    Post Count: 324
    hbbehrendorff wrote:
    Gold was $21 an ounce in 1930 now it is almost 40 times that value, while your paper money's value has continued to loose its worth.

    Wow, that's almost 5%pa. If you used that $21 to buy 1-2 acres of land in Brisbane you'd be sitting on $millions .
    What exactly was your point , cost of labour to produce the gold went up?

    Quote:

    Just answer a question, Does it make you feel big, empowered and respected by your fellow forum members when instead of presenting your thesis in a well formed factual representation of your ecconomic knowledge, you post slander and silly little school girl comments.

    No, would I need to feel the above ? Is that the reason you're here trying to impress the crowd with your vastly superior investment knowledge and experience? I was under the impression that you took the wrong turn and ended up on propertyinvesting.com instead of cpa.org.au but hey, if I was wrong please enlighten us and share with us some of your property investment experience. No need to go back to the 30's just the last few property deals would suffice.
    Now let ME ask you a question, do you still live at home with your mum in Brisbane ?

    Quote:
    I have formed my arguments based upon years of Economical, Historical, Philosophical and Theological study along with first person accounts from people who have lived through the great depression, This is not something I have came to the conclusion on a whim,

    I very much doubt it son. Sitting in your bench at school and church doesn't really count as economic experience, not unless you turned tricks for higher grades or cash. ;-)

    Quote:
    What prior knowledge or experience do you base your ecconomic predictions on ?

    Actual investing experience for longer then you've been around and local knowledge of Perth, is that enough or should I mention my crystal ball and the "experts" I met ? Never mind son, you keep reading your books but stick with this forum as well and we'll make an informed investor out of you yet.

    Quote:
    Arise anarchy, Fight the NWO

    I bet you've got at least one Che T-shirt in you closet which you use to impress the girls.

    Profile photo of harbharb
    Member
    @harb
    Join Date: 2006
    Post Count: 324

    That was a waste of bandwidth. Again I ask , what this obsession with the yanks you boys have ? Are you trying to buy property in US or over here ?
    Anyway, its all over now. The US gov. bailed everyone out including AIG, Barclays is buying Lehman and you can now come down from the hills and see if you can get a refund the generator, fuel and all that baked beans you've stocked up on.

    Profile photo of hbbehrendorffhbbehrendorff
    Member
    @hbbehrendorff
    Join Date: 2006
    Post Count: 293

    hahah  Today was the biggest jump in gold since 1999…. I'm wrong yet again… And I will continue to be wrong when gold is $2000 an once.

    Wait.. I stand corrected…

     http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aZKOrbcOFw6w&refer=home

    According to this article gold has had the biggest increase for 26 years

    Hmmm, it seems people are finally loosing faith in debt (nothing) and turning to something real. The stock market couldn't suppress the price of real money forever.

    Profile photo of gibbo1gibbo1
    Participant
    @gibbo1
    Join Date: 2008
    Post Count: 152

    my 2 cents worth

    my 1st cent…this is a bit off topic

    my 2nd cent…what was the price of gold around march and around july.  If you bought a ton of gold in march and were sitting in your back yard looking at your gold this morning knowing that it had had its biggest 1 day gain, you still wouldn't be happy.  Gold flactuates, and you must consider the falls in price as well as the increases.  Yes it went up today, why?  The stockmarket has the flu and is feeling a bit sick so people have pulled the money out of one market and moved it into another.  As the financial sector settles and investors become confident in some of the bargains around, money will be taken out of the gold (reulting in a fall in gold prices) and put back into shares.  These markets are both very liquid and one event can have a very fast effect on both.  Depneding if you are in the right market at the time you can either make alot of money quickly or loose money.  The property market is alot less liquid and doesn't have as fast flow on effects and considers many different factors, not just reacting to one companies loss

    Profile photo of harbharb
    Member
    @harb
    Join Date: 2006
    Post Count: 324
    hbbehrendorff wrote:
    hahah Today was the biggest jump in gold since 1999…

    And yet despite all this panic on the stock markets gold is still 20% DOWN on March prices ? Its only a suckers rally.

    Quote:
    . And I will continue to be wrong when gold is $2000 an once.

    No doubt it will get there one day, but is more to do with rising production costs then increase in demand. You could hardly expect it to sell for $21 as it did in 1930 if production costs are $600 an ounce. Same reason why house prices can only go up in the long term but unlike gold a house will also return you a yield a.k.a rent.

    Profile photo of devo76devo76
    Member
    @devo76
    Join Date: 2007
    Post Count: 542
    hbbehrendorff wrote:
    "we are not going to be affected much by a recession"  What planet are you currently on ? Do you not know that today lehman brothers went broke today ? the dow jones lost 500 points in one day… America has a 8 billion dollar world debt, Banks that survived the great depression are falling over like dominos, The American housing market is totally destroyed and there Interest rates are only 2%.  You think Australia's reserve bank lowers interest rates .25% down to 7% and there will be a boom ? Australia's property boom was bigger then the US and you think everything is going to be alright ? Credit Card debt has toped 50 billion in Australia now, double compared to just a few years ago.

    How much knowledge do you really have about ecconomics ? Do you even know how the system works ? or is everything you know based on Idiots who run seminars that tell you property doubles every 7-10 years ? Perhaps that news that tells you unrealistic BS about the ecconomy being fine and that the worst is over, I'll tell you right now,  people havent seen nothing yet,  At minimum Australia will have a very bad recession,  Though probably a depression, This has been a long time comming, 30 years comming and within the next few years everything will crash around peoples feet and wonder why ? what happened ?

    The world cannot continue to run on the same financial doctrine that we have been since the 20th century,  Fractional banking just dosent work and now we all have to pay the price for what we have been putting off through compiling debt and false equity.

    Our dollar peaked this year at around 98 U.S how it has crashed down to 78,   Last year we seen the peak of our property market and this year we saw the peak of our dollar… Thats it folks,  the boom is officially finished,  The arrow has been shot up so far into the sky and now it is heading into freefall

    Unemployment is rising, Sales have plummeted on both housing caused by insane prices and high interest rates along with retail spending,  Now our dollar is going to crap which will continue to lower our profits from what is left of the resources boom.  It wouldn't matter if interest rates where droped to 4 or 5% tommorow, the damage is already done, people are debbted out to the max while loosing jobs at the same time.  It wouldn't supprise me if from this point on the national deficits start up and our national debt goes sky high.

    The whole world runs off a consumption ecconomy,  this has to stop very soon or the world will stop it for us. Think about it for a minute, You can buy a Toaster for less then $15.  No sane person can say that $15 represents the value of the product and its manufacture.  Iron is blasted out of the ground in one country,  Plastic is made from oil in another country and then these materials are shipped to another to be turned into a product, then its shiped across the world again,  then its trucked all the way through your country and brought to your shop,  Then the shop pays people to stack the product on a shelf before you come and buy it for a few dollars…  this is a linear system and linear systems cannot be run for infinite time,  The worlds resources are almost run out and the debt we all take on to make this system continue is causing a burden so great,  it can't be ignored any longer.

    These are only a few factors playing a role in what the news downplays as a "Slowdown" which is really the whole finacial system comming to collapse.

    Major changes are going to come within the next few years,  its so imminent yet so many believe huge booms are comming or everything will be ok,  Everything will not be ok,  People should be preparing now for the future,  Buying money that cannot loose value like gold or silver (though it may be conficated by the government in the future) Storing long life food and water,  Storing fuel and buying Generators and water purifiers,  And considering moving out of the city.

    I would appreciate if misinformed people do not start throwing insults because the truth is to unbelieve to believe, If you really think I'm that wrong support your argument with facts not character defamation

    Were you not loved as a child   shhhh little one. It will be ok. Mummys here to protect you.

    PS. Its not all bad news. I found a five bucks today. Bought a scratchy and won $50 bucks. Thats gold.

    Profile photo of gibbo1gibbo1
    Participant
    @gibbo1
    Join Date: 2008
    Post Count: 152

    devo,

    Take your $50 to the casino and but it on black, tomorrow you might have $100.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.