All Topics / Help Needed! / How bad is Perth rental market now?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of baconbacon
    Participant
    @bacon

Just wondering?
    I have an Apartment in Subiaco usually gets rented straight away.
    Having trouble renting it and am putting it on for less then last time as it is.
    Getting rented by Blackburne realestate

cheers

Profile photo of ummesterummester
    @ummester

There is a lot of stuff in the news about how tight the rental market is at the moment. As I am having problems with a biatch of a  landlord, I thought finding a new place was going to be hell. So started looking for somewhere to buy – which I didn't want to commit to because I am sure the best time to buy is yet to come in this cycle.

In the meantime, to cover all my bases, I put in for a couple of cheap rentals. Surprisingly, the prospective tenant turnouts at both was quite small and I ended up with the second house I applied for (lucky, as the first one was a total dive – which I noted an the application form – no doubt explaining why I didn't get it:))

I am in ACT but the employment rate here is quite high, like Perth's, suggesting an even tighter market. I think there is a bit of REIA and media exaggeration going on though, to prop up rental prices and try and keep over leveraged investment properties from foreclosing. I think the rental market is, give or take, as tight as it was in around 2005/2006, no-where near the overstressed levels that Perth was under last year.

That said, Subi is a convient location for a lot of high paid workers around the City and East Perth, so if the place is in good nick it sould go. Perhaps you need a more aggressive agent?

Profile photo of baconbacon
    Participant
    @bacon

Hey mate,
    Thanks for the reply.
    Last time she was getting me the highest rent in the complex apartment I'm in. I think the plan is to get someone in and then in a couple of months bump it up, thats the hope anyways.
    but yeah right now not looking great!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.