All Topics / Help Needed! / Setting up an Investment Property for International Students

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of NathyDNathyD
    @nathyd

Hi All,

I'm wondering if any of you could help me out on some information relating to my subject description.  I've tried doing different searches the 'forum search' but cant find the information i want, i've also tried google (which seemed absolutely pointless) and a number of other things but that hasnt helped. 

I'm just hoping this subjected has been brought up billion times… where ever one starts cracking the shits…

Here i go..

I'm wanting to rent out one of my 3 bedroom properties to international students, now im aware of some of the risks in doing this, what im having trouble finding is the what is required of my property (i live in South Australia) for it to be sufficent in renting to these students.  What criteria is expected of me and the property? (if that makes any sense) As you probably are aware i'm only scratching the surface of this area, but any help, advice or even dealings with this would be great in helping me make a better educated decision.

Thanks

Nath

Profile photo of give90give90
    @give90

hi
    a quick call to the student advisor for international students at the uni/s near you will point you in the right direction. they will actually inspect your property to see if it fits their criteria.

if the uni approves it, it may be possible to allow them to administer the properties. at least that's what you can do here in ballarat. that removes many of the headaches and also sorts minor maintenance etc. they keep a pretty good eye on things. your property has to measure up to their standards though to qualify.

i guess you have factored in that students often go home for the long breaks so you can really only count on about 40 weeks rather than 52 although some unis have systems for that as well.

are you renting one room/one student? if so, it doesn't classify as a boarding house with only 3 beds.
    good luck.

Profile photo of kyliewood1kyliewood1
    @kyliewood1

Where to start?
    I have just read Steves first book with great interest, and I am having problem with one thing.
    Where are these properties that I want to find for positive cash flow?
    I live in regional Vic and have researched property prices versus rent returns (Steves 11 second solution) and havent found anything remotely in the "black"
    Any suggestions appreciated

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.