All Topics / Creative Investing / property investing courses

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of magneticangelmagneticangel
    @magneticangel

Hi there,

I am somewhat overwhelmed by the shear volume of information and resources for an investor starting out.

I am interested in doing a course in property investing or property development to get a better handle on what exactly
    the way forward for me is. However, I am a little baffled as to where to start. I have seen courses by Carly Crutchfield and have been invited to a number of financial adviser evenings. I have also looked into the Masters in Investment and Property Development which will set me back a cool 20k.

Any information on well organised and presented (home study and attendance) courses would be most appreciated.

Regards

Eddie

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Eddie

Hate to say a lot of money can be spent on something you just dont need.

Why not post your questions on the forum and we can all answer them for you. This will give you a start.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

It all depends upon what you are after – M Comm (Prop Inv) or MComm (Dev) are great if you want advance financial modelling & project planning/management skills, the others, well….

Profile photo of AAZAAZ
    Participant
    @aaz

Hi Eddie

If you're interested in property development we have a lot of information available on our free website plus we have an online property development course for a fraction of what most people are charging.  If you'd like to find out more please feel free to contact us at [email protected] as we're happy to help.

Adrian and Amber Zenere
    http://www.RealEstateDevelopmentClub.com

Profile photo of grevinpilegrevinpile
    @grevinpile

You can tell I was impressed because I purchased PIPS the day after! For me the best learning in the free Reports were the sections on setting out goals, arranging a power team and the tips from the millionaire mentors. Now I have set goals, decided on a strategy that will get me going, have put together my own contacts list including; solicitors, surveyors, estate agents, finance brokers and builders. I’ve also researched my local area, and continued my reading and learning. These free Reports are a great start to your learning process so go for it.
    further information can be viewed on"http://www.ira-401k-realestate.com/IYF-Video-Opt-In/"

Profile photo of grevinpilegrevinpile
    @grevinpile

You can tell I was impressed because I purchased PIPS the day after! For me the best learning in the free Reports were the sections on setting out goals, arranging a power team and the tips from the millionaire mentors. Now I have set goals, decided on a strategy that will get me going, have put together my own contacts list including; solicitors, surveyors, estate agents, finance brokers and builders. I’ve also researched my local area, and continued my reading and learning. These free Reports are a great start to your learning process so go for it.
    further information can be viewed on"http://www.ira-401k-realestate.com/IYF-Video-Opt-In/"

Profile photo of LinarLinar
    @linar

Hi there

There is an excellent TAFE Property Investing course around.  It costs about $3000 runs over a year and covers everything from economics, building for profit, renovating, legal issues etc.  I think it is excellent value for money.  Look in the API to see if there is one near you.

Cheers

K

Profile photo of adldadld
    Participant
    @adld

Linar is right,

if you are looking to build your career on property go to tafe, most tafes run night classes and allot of the study can be done at home. You should also look into studying for a real-estate license and business courses.

It takes time to learn everything, no short course will give you all the answers and is most likely to send you out the gate with 2 much go and not enough know. Put in the hours of study get some certs along the way and hey if your ip's aren’t doing so will u have the tickets to get a decent job :)

The price of the courses are outrageously cheap, tafe equals out to I think 67c per hour of tuition and for that you get to network with real-estate agents, developers and other investors. Most of the best partnerships I have formed are from people I studied with at tafe

so that’s my literal 2 cents (about 2 minutes of tafe tuition)

Profile photo of taraltaral
    @taral

While an executor or personal representative for an estate may need to sell an estate's assets, such as real estate to pay off the estate's debt, most already know an agent or 2.

To target these as potential home sellers is pretty much the equivilent of ambulance chasing. And as BrokerPro said, if it's so profitable & these homes are offered at such a discount, why isn't the guy snatching up these homes instead of selling you his course and giving away his "secrets".

Plus most people that are appointed as an executor are not stupid & actually, part of the probate & estate process requires that all the estates assets be valued. For real estate, this needs to be in writing, such as a CMA from a real estate agent. The entire estate must be valued & assets may have to be sold, or may not have to be sold.

My mother died with 1.5+ mill in real estate. We sold one commercial building & then a recreational lot, but are holding the other 3 properties as they are owned free & clear. Doesn't cost us but taxes, insurance and utilities. No mortgages.

http://www.ira-401k-realestate.com/IYF-Video-Opt-In/

Profile photo of coalstarcoalstar
    Participant
    @coalstar

courses are a waste. unless you can overcome your fear of big debt and have the drive to buy multiple IP, I dont see the reason to attend. theres no point doing a course if your only want to buy a couple of IP's

Profile photo of Paul DobsonPaul Dobson
    Participant
    @pauldobson

Hi All

We, that is my wife and I, have had great results from what would "affectionally" be called one of the "gurus" in the marketplace.  The education hasn't been cheap, if you look at it from the point of view of where we were when we started but it looks very cheap today, ie. from the point of view of owning a successful Vendor Finance business.

I'd suggest that all the "how to" knowledge we've learned over the last 4 years could have been learned at TAFE or University.  However, I'm not sure how long it would have taken and whether some of the "out there" techniques we've learned would have been available.

Sure, at the traditional learning institutions you'll learn the "how to" but in business that's just a fraction of what you need to be successful.  We found our mentor, because he'd "walked the walk" and because of his passion, was able to get our business kicking goals in what we regard as a short period of time.

As with all endevours, do your due dilengence first.  There are good mentors/gurus out there and there are shonks.  Good luck.

Cheers,  Paul

Paul Dobson | Vendor Finance Institute
    http://www.vendorfinanceinstitute.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

An alternative way to finance your home.

Profile photo of cool samcool sam
    Participant
    @cool-sam

Hi
    Is this course really helpful or we should go for some practical .

Arizona Condos | Chicago Condos

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.