All Topics / Overseas Deals / Which countries can australians buy property

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Profile photo of ErikHErikH
    @erikh

Don't remember exactly, but I think it had to do with getting and using a Brazilian bank account whilst living overseas… that said there are so many overaseas investors investing in Brazil it must be possible…also look into tax policies before you invest

Profile photo of madeinitalymadeinitaly
    @madeinitaly

Costa Rica, by costitutional law anyone can own anything there regardless which country you are from

Profile photo of awsydneyawsydney
    Participant
    @awsydney

Brook, can you tell me where your cave is in Turkey?! :)

I have IPs in Kuala Lumpur and Singapore. The average yield for KL is 12% whilst Singapore is around 8%. This really beat Aussie yields and I wonder why I still look around Sydney and Melbourne.

The problem with KL is that you need to get a reliable property manager and there are not many around. A lot of the large real estate companies do not offer such services. For both countries, I always lease only to expats and there is generally no issues with rent and maintenance.

Furthermore, with current exchange rates, I will not be suprised if more Aussies are looking offshore. Let me know if anyone has any good info overseas. I heard Morocco holiday homes are going for really cheap due to the crisis? A lot of Brits are turning to this market over France and Italy.

Profile photo of PackerPacker
    Participant
    @packer
    85eternal wrote:
    Hi all,

I'm new to this website. I done a search for looking at investing in Brazil on this forum but didnt find any answers. I recently came from a trip in south america and fell in love with the the country and people and from what I've been told and have researched it is going to emerge as a strong economy. Does anyone know if it is difficult to buy property there, the limitations and if it is a good idea to begin with?

Any input is greatly apprecaited.

Cheers!

85eternal,

I have invested in Brazil, there has been allot of dramas, and also a few ups. All in all, I have done ok, but there is allot there I can tell you first hand if you would like to ask me a question I will answer them first hand and honestly.

I too love Brazil, how can you not, sun, Caipirinhas, soccer, beach, beautiful culture and great chuhasscarias, (pretty sure that is misspelt)

Profile photo of JpcashflowJpcashflow
    Participant
    @jpcashflow

We bought a house in chile, well my wife did before she met me lol

we are planning to go to chile next year and buy a couple of properties 

The returns are 8% to 9% and of course there is some risk

For me the Oz market is really flat, returns are not crash hot and increasing cost such as insurance, rates etc are far overtaking the retina 

Jpcashflow | JP Financial Group
    http://www.jpfinancialgroup.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Your first port of call in finance :)

Profile photo of Ziv Nakajima-MagenZiv Nakajima-Magen
    Participant
    @zmagen

No limitations in Japan as well.

Ziv Nakajima-Magen | Nippon Tradings International (NTI)
    http://www.nippontradings.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Ziv Nakajima-Magen - Partner & Executive Manager, Asia-Pacific @ NTI - Japan Real-Estate Investment Property

Profile photo of panamapetepanamapete
    @panamapete

Hi,

I spent 3 years in Panama and purchased a few parcels of land( the whole time I was on tourist visas which I renewed every 3 months by going to Costa Rica.)although, permanent resident status was not complicated to acquire.  There was no legal problem with a foreigner purchasing titled property and registering it in the public land registry under their own name.

There were 2 types of land ownership: titled ( I guess this would be equivalent to freehold) and ROP or rights-of-possesion.

The only restrictions were that foreigners could not own titled land on the coast or within 10 kilometers of the border.

ROP land was a much weaker form of ownership, and although many foreigners have purchased ROP land in Panama our lawyer advised against this as there were many potential problems. These included instances of family members of the previous owners appearing and claiming they had some rights to the land after the sale.

<moderator: delete advertising>

Otherwise, probably the most active website for looking at Panama property is  www.panamarealtor.com which I have nothing to do with.  Buenos suerte!

Cheers!

Panama Pete

Participant
    @zmagen

Nice to read a down to earth, balanced account with no spruiking, Pete, and also to read about all this wealth of experience in international investing from everybody in this thread – normally its only the US that gets the attention here (and my insistent blabber about Japan ;)).

read an interesting article about Panama City on REI wealth mag (http://reiwealthmag.com/ subscription only, but they have 3 month passes on their Facebook page, from memory) – the author was basically saying the market's a bit saturated with foreigners atm, and that one should wait for prices to drop a bit. Do you feel this to be the case? 

Email Me | Phone Me

Ziv Nakajima-Magen - Partner & Executive Manager, Asia-Pacific @ NTI - Japan Real-Estate Investment Property

Participant
    @zmagen

Thought back upon this thread when I read this today – http://thailand-business-news.com/real-estate/42175-real-estate-in-florida-and-thailand-same-same-or-different

I love Thailand, don't get me wrong, but Florida it ain't :))

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of MikeBKKMikeBKK
    Participant
    @mikebkk
Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.