All Topics / General Property / Ferntree Gully VIC, Bowen Street…Pls help..!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of My Oh MyMy Oh My
    @my-oh-my

Hi guys,
    I m planning to move out. Found this place yesterday and went for an inspection. Not too bad. But i have a bad feeling about this place due to security reason or something else..I might be wrong. Can anyone please tell me more about this area…?? How is the security there?? Any recent crime happened there?? or anything that i might need to take notice of..???

Thanks

My Oh My

Profile photo of KellstarKellstar
    @kellstar

Hi My Oh My!  I can't tell you about the area of Ferntree Gully however I have a general 'rule of thumb' when purchasing property (or anything really).  That is – If you have one ounce of doubtthen DONT go ahead with it!  Trust your instincts and I'm sure the right property will turn up for you when it's ready!  Cheers. 

Profile photo of imugliimugli
    @imugli

When we bought our PPoR we spoke to a couple of the neghbours and asked them a few questions – Is the street used as a drag strip? Young Families in the area? Quiet? How long they'd been there? What did they think of it? etc etc… You'll get heaps of info from them…

Secondly, did you notice kids running around the streets or riding their bikes (not loitering, that's different)? Kids being kids without the need for adults watching them would indicate to me that either a. Their parent's don't care (unlikely) or b. they feel safe letting their kids out to play…

At the end of the day, you're borrowing a truck load of cash and paying a truck load of interest to live somewhere, so if it doesn't grab you, I'm with Kellstar – walk away.

Profile photo of My Oh MyMy Oh My
    @my-oh-my

Thanks guys…good advice. Cheers!!

Profile photo of 2bfree2bfree
    Participant
    @2bfree

I love living in F T G and have done for 14 years not more than 500 mt from bowen St up on the side of the hill.

The shopping village is very country like with almost all you need 5 Min walk away. The area is predominately 40 + empty

Nester's and both of my children have there own homes in the area. I don't see ftg as having a crime problem but crime

is every ware, some streets are worst than others, some sets of units worst than others.

now the bad things you may find knox rates to be high but we get good services for it.

if you don't like to hear sirens well in summer they are going off every other day (not at night) and tested on Sunday at 11 00 am but we love our cfa and after a while you don't hear it.

If you do move soon you may get to vote on the proposal to change the area to Ferntree Gully Foothills     

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.