All Topics / General Property / Opinion of this property offer

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of stevemarksstevemarks
    @stevemarks

Hi everyone.

I am the project marketing manager for Ray White in the Whitsundays, we are currently about to start marketing a new stage in a successful unit complex and appreciate that it is a tough market.

Our offer we are about to start is aimed at stimulating investors (such as yourselves) into purchasing a off the plan townhouse despite that short term negative factors that we are all currently feeling.

The offer can be viewed at http://www.whitsundayproperty.com.au/grove.htm but in a nutshell it is as follows.

2 Bed 2 Bathroom townhouse with settlement due in July 2009 plus

Body corporate fees paid for first 12 months
    Council Rates paid for first 12 months
    All management fees paid first 12 month
    And 12 months rent paid in advance to the value of $20,000

The purchase price is $369,000

The question is whether or not the deal is sharp enough to attract seasoned investors.

Let me know your thoughts.

Profile photo of ScampScamp
    @scamp
    Quote:
    And 12 months rent paid in advance to the value of $20,000

I must commend you on your very clever spruiking method. I haven't seen it done this subtle before. If you offer $30.000 rental incomes instead, then the calculators on this website will see their profits increase even more. People on this website love calculators. They use all kinds of crappy maths ( they read about somewhere ) which fools them into thinking they make profit on an investment.

These 'property investors' ( they really are just bored housewives ) think utterly simplistic, a bit like this :

calculated LVR with 20000 rental incomes : 20.000 / 369.000 * 100 = 5.42
    Now.. see what happens when you offer 30.000 instead of 20.000 :
    calculated LVR with 30000 rental incomes : 30.000 / 369.000 * 100 = 8.13

WOW.. now that's some UBER LVR values !.. Wait.. we can do better :

calculated LVR with 40000 rental incomes : 40.000 / 369.000 * 100 = 10.84 !!!

OH MY GOD .. you're CERTAIN to sell your crap to these idiots at those LVR ratio's !!

Man, I should become a marketing manager.. I'd sell fridges to eskimo's.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.