All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Trust & Corporate trustee… Can you set it up yourself????

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Profile photo of jasandlivjasandliv
    Participant
    @jasandliv

Does this have anything to do with the insurers who cover each banks loans. ie. GE might cover a % of the total amount of lenders in the market. As a result of using banks using the same insurer they may deem you more of a liabilty. I may be wrong but,this is something a broker inicated when considering neww finance. One of the brokers on here could probably explore its relevance if there is any.

Profile photo of PosEnterprisesPosEnterprises
    @posenterprises

Would you set up a discretionary trust for trading shares and also have your property in that Trust?  Or would you set up a stand alone trust for purely trading and investing for shares only?

What do others think or have done?

Profile photo of LinarLinar
    @linar

I have a discretionary family trust for trading shares and I also put my buy and holds in the trust.  My reasoning for this is that my buy and holds are largely negatively geared and I can offset any (theoretical) earnings from sharetrading against the negative gearing of the properties. 

In reality, I haven't made any money sharetrading so it hasn't worked.  But any "income earning" ventures will be in my discretionary trust to offset the on paper losses of the properties.

Cheers

K

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.