All Topics / Commercial Property / a better choice / abc financial group pty ltd

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Profile photo of tigger1tigger1
    @tigger1

Is there any new information on this group?

Profile photo of CharlieJoeCharlieJoe
    Participant
    @charliejoe

My wife was contacted by these people and she forwarded me the SMS which confirmed the meeting they had arranged with her. Yes, she was busy at work, it sounded good so she agreed to an appointment.

The phone number of "ABC Group" which was the company listed in the SMS was 1800 500 652. A Google search of this showed it was registered to a JD Bennett (James Bennett was listed in the SMS along with a Jennie Carrick).

Further searching showed that it was the primary number for a lot of financial services websites including one called australiannrasproperty dot com dot au.

Seems the web site is out of date as it specifies an end date of 2010 for NRAS investing. " NRAS has apparently been resurrected by the federal government this year but "ABC Group" is not listed as an authorized agent.

I'm going to call Jennie Carrick on the mobile phone number also in the message, and cancel out. Do the Google search. It's interesting.

Also, neither JD Bennett nor Jennie Carrick are in LinkedIn, and for all it's failings LinkedIn is a pretty good source of who is legit and who isn't.

Participant
    @charliejoe

I called the mobile number on the SMS and it was a wrong number. I called the 1800 number and James, presumably Bennett, gave me the correct number for Jennie Carrick, which had one digit corrected. I called and asked Jennie to explain what this opportunity was that leveraged, and I quote the SMS, a "state and Federal Government Grant". She said that the government would give me $98,000 paid over 10 years at $9,800 per year, to invest in property. She said the properties were "all over the country" and the consultant would explain exactly where they were at the "information session".

When pushed for more information she said that she wasn't licensed to discuss the details and the consultant would lay it all out for me at the information session.

I asked her to cancel the information session, which she did.

I'm not saying that there is anything dodgy in what these consultants are doing, but Amway reps used to withhold a bunch of details until they had a party booked at your house as well, and I don't trust anyone who isn't upfront when questioned.

I would take great care. You will only get told answers to what you ask. There will be little or no extra information which isn't colored rosy red.

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek
    CharlieJoe wrote:
      She said that the government would give me $98,000 paid over 10 years at $9,800 per year, to invest in property. She said the properties were "all over the country" and the consultant would explain exactly where they were at the "information session".

Hi CharlieJoe,

Sounds like NRAS properties – which basically a subsidised rental scheme (I hate that word) to help certain sections of our community to rent affordable property. In essence reduced rent is offset by tax benefits to largely offset the overall cashflow situation.

IMO NRAS properties are heavily marketed for their tax benefits and would be investors need to look beyond the tax benefits to make sure the property offered, as an investment, still stacks up.  

Participant
    @charliejoe
    Derek wrote:
    IMO NRAS properties are heavily marketed for their tax benefits and would be investors need to look beyond the tax benefits to make sure the property offered, as an investment, still stacks up.  

That's the way I saw it Derek. A question of whether one wants to invest in property, or invest in tax credits. Thanks for the feedback

Cheers 

Profile photo of SeanWilsonSeanWilson
    Participant
    @seanwilson

How are things going with this ABC company? This is probably one of the more interesting threads here. Anyone heard from Joanne or anyone else involved with ABC?

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.