All Topics / Help Needed! / Back to the basics – renting out PPOR

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of drec0007drec0007
    @drec0007

I have been offered an interstate job which comes with free housing. At this stage we are only looking at moving for approximately 5 years so have decided to rent out our PPOR. I noticed a previous post stated that I would not be subject to CGT if I moved back within 6 years. Apart from this time limit and getting a good property manager, can anyone provide any advice on what to be aware of?

Thanks.
    drec0007

Profile photo of elkamelkam
    @elkam

Hello drec0007

Make sure you have good insurance ( house & contents, public liability & landlords )

Enjoy the new job
     Elka

Profile photo of pyramidpyramid
    Participant
    @pyramid

I would consider getting an independant property valuation before and after renting so that it is clear what portion of the gains should be CGT free

Profile photo of Casper_1000Casper_1000
    Participant
    @casper_1000

I read somewhere ( I think it may have ben this forum) that when you move back in after 6 years you must move back 'completely' in order to satisfy the ATO that it is once again your PPOR.   This means utility bills, bank statements and drivers licence should be back to the PPOR and not some interim address.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.