All Topics / General Property / help with property query

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of debarondebaron
    @debaron

Hie guys,

Ive got a nagging questions about property gains that i hope someone can help with.
    If i dont use my current PPOR equity to purchase more IPs via refinancing (thus continuing to generate profit), will i actually be making any gains at all say.. in the 5 years time i spend paying off the high interest rates of my home and discovering that my 300k property had been valued at 15% higher than my orignal house price.
    Doesnt that mean that technically whatever increment my house made actually evens out with the enormous amount of interest rates i have to pay??

Sorry property noob here.

Cheers,
    Deb

Profile photo of sallyannsallyann
    @sallyann

This is why you would look for a cash flow positive property, ie one where rent + tax deduction exceeds interest + other costs. Then you can afford to hold it and benefit from even low growth. Also if it is CF+ when you buy it, rents should increase more than interest + other costs over time so it may start making money.

Certainly a really good question imo, for many properties I think you are right, holding costs can exceed growth.

Profile photo of debarondebaron
    @debaron

Oh yes, the almost mythical cash flow positive properties. Do they still exist nowadays?!! -certainly not in my area (SE QLD)

The reason i asked is alot of people actually proclaimed happily that their houses has increased by x% but when i look deeper they are infact making a loss from the enourmous interests they've had to pay all these years..

Profile photo of imugliimugli
    @imugli

CF+ do still exist but you need to look hard, put a higher deposit up and structure it correctly. Patience, preparation and cash.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Totally agree they certainly do exist even in SE Qld.

Purchased a nice little block of 3 units only a week ago and when we have finished they will be very very positive cash flow and thats here in Brisbane.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.