All Topics / Value Adding / To pergola or not…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of imugliimugli
    @imugli

Hi Guys,

Am after some opinions…

I've just bought an IP that has a paved area to one side. It's a good size area and I was thinking it would be a good area to place a pergola over with some laserlite roofing.

The place is in country western victoria, so the climate is fairly good, but said paved area is on the south side of the house i.e the shade side. Would it would be worth it – not so much for capital gain but more for increased rent?

Cheers,
    J.

Profile photo of harbharb
    @harb
    imugli wrote:
    Hi Guys,

Am after some opinions…

I've just bought an IP that has a paved area to one side. It's a good size area and I was thinking it would be a good area to place a pergola over with some laserlite roofing.

The place is in country western victoria, so the climate is fairly good, but said paved area is on the south side of the house i.e the shade side. Would it would be worth it – not so much for capital gain but more for increased rent?

Cheers,
    J.

I wouldn't bother with it myself,  what do you think you can increase the rent by adding a pergola ?
    You may be able to claim some very little depreciation for it and definitely some repairs & maintenance. Specially if you build it out of wood and needs to be cleaned up and repainted every few years. 

Profile photo of Reno QueenReno Queen
    Participant
    @reno-queen

Hi
    We had the same situation once so we bought a cheap gazebo and put it up on the concrete slab.  Of course it has to be taken down when windy but for under $100 it was worth it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.