All Topics / Finance / keeping money in the deal

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of Dr.SpockDr.Spock
    Participant
    @dr-spock

Hi All,

Looking at purchasing a PPOR and don't have a deposit, vendors agreement ending with agent, and vendor willing to do sale without agents involvement, how do I keep money in the deal to act as a deposit. Probably able to get property of 340,000.00 on the market  for 330,000.00 – 350,000.00. I believe the property is worth 350,000.00 to 360,000.00. It is a marriage breakup.

any advise would be very helpful

Thanks

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Dr S

Only way is for the vendor to agree to leave 5% plus your costs in the deal by way of a 2nd mortgage.

You agree to buy the property for say $340K but only pay say $323K on settlement with the balance paid over a period of time.
    If you cannot fund your costs then you will need a little more left in.

The Bank would lend you the $323K being 95% and the Vendor provides funds for your costs (obviously if this is the case you would be settling on less than 95%).

I would be suprised the Vendor would agree to this given that it is a marraige breakup and would have thought both parties would want a clean settlement.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.