All Topics / Help Needed! / Property Managers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of tuggerwaughtuggerwaugh
    Participant
    @tuggerwaugh

Just 2 quick questions..

1. What rights do Property Managers have to go in to take new photos (for advertising) when the current tenants are moving out in 2 weeks. Our property manager says she can't get in to take any photos till they move out.

2. Do you change PM's when all the research you do on rental returns, statistics, leases, interest rates tell you to set the rate at a particular dollar sum per week, and the PM tells you its far too high. We are trying to increase our townhouse in sandy bay (tasmania) from $345 to $370 pw….PM recommends $360…. 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, small yard…washing machine and dishwasher…spotless….

Not trying to be harsh, just trying to figure things out. Any advice would be much appreciated…
    tugger

Profile photo of Buying_FreedomBuying_Freedom
    Participant
    @buying_freedom

I would have thought that the PM could give your tenants notice that they were going to enter the property and take some photos but I could be wrong. My PM has done that before. 

Have you shown your property manager your research into rental prices? Giving them some examples of similar property rented for more may change their tune. At least then you can get them to justify why your property is not able to be rented at the price you think it should be. Or maybe you could get a second opinion from another real estate agency.

Profile photo of tuggerwaughtuggerwaugh
    Participant
    @tuggerwaugh

thats a good idea… do you think it is possible to send off the photos to other real estate agents and ask their opinion on rental returns? I'm sure the previous PM got permission to get into the house prior to the lease expiring but it doesn't appear this one wants to. One of the other people that works with our PM owns the townhouse in front and leases it out…they actually quoted us $380pw so there are even differences about rent within the same office.

Profile photo of Buying_FreedomBuying_Freedom
    Participant
    @buying_freedom

A PM from another agency just offered last month to give me free rental appraisals on all my properties to assess where the properties are at. All they needed was addresses, number of bedrooms/bathrooms/living areas, extras eg. alarm, dishwasher, intercom, security shutters etc, car spaces and any other information which I believe is value adding. No photos were needed. If they want your business, they'll be happy to give their opinion on rental returns. You're not obligated to go with them.

Profile photo of tuggerwaughtuggerwaugh
    Participant
    @tuggerwaugh

thanks for that…we actually have another real estate agent after our business who has emailed us their prices, so might just do that and see how we go. Cheers
    tugger

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.