All Topics / Help Needed! / Perth Property

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of baconbacon
    Participant
    @bacon

Just been thinking and since I'm in Perth.
    I was wondering how many of you guys either from Perth or else-where have or are invested in Perth.

Also, What do you own – House , Land , Apartments, etc.

also if any of you guys have msn and want to chat private message me :)

Cheers

Profile photo of sallyannsallyann
    @sallyann

We have our PPOR and one IP in Perth. The IP is an older style unit in Daglish which we've had since 1996.

I think Perth is still priced pretty high and returns are not great atm.

Not much of a msn user but you can PM questions if you like.

Profile photo of AzaliaAzalia
    Participant
    @azalia

I'm here too.

No property as yet, am a budding investor and currently attempting to learn as much as possible about property etc before hubby and I make our first IP purchase with our inheritance.

I've read Steve's books recently and try to attend any property related seminars in Perth (sometimes even the spruiker ones!!).

I dont use msn either, not that I would be that valuable to you since I have no experience!

But I am interested in being included if you or other Perthies here want to organise a property investors get together .

Profile photo of RobLRobL
    @robl

Hi bacon et al …

I be in Perth too .. though u aren't accepting privates there bacon … happy to yak etc off line … not an expert, and dont have anythin to sell .. but always interesed to yak – and eat over yakkin … the odd drink even .. in respect of property .. be it bacon, flowers or sals :-)

R

Profile photo of vucko84vucko84
    @vucko84

Located in Perth and own an apartment IP.

Thinking about Melboune off-the-plan apartment IP next.

PM for msn.

Profile photo of slowachieverslowachiever
    Participant
    @slowachiever

Hi I am in  Perth ,
     If you check back on some previous articles , use the search above  ,you will find there is a group someone has formed
      meeting at Burswood  , once a month I have not contacted them myself ,  ( Put Perth investors into search crieria  and see comments on 15th May 2008  . )

I have 1x commercial property and 2x houses rented out  . I am  hanging off and waiting , watching , these are uncertain times
      Do not give up on the research either internet , and checking Wednesday and Saturday  and Sunday real estate pages ,  we just never know what might  turn up for the right price and something that might only need a little T L C , to fix and add value .

Depends on what fits your criteria , price range etc, for example go to the commercial real estate section at the back and
     practice at working out the  $$  per square metre ,  then the rental return for the $$ put in .Check out the to let columns to see
       what some investments are returning in rent  .
     Commecial properties are great because the tenant pays all outgoings , rates etc , including strata fees  , in a block of factory units.
     Something I spotted a while ago but left till too late ( kicking myself now , dum, dum, dum. ) A  country pub for sale , I ummed and ummed for for a while  and 2 weeks was still in the paper  , curious , never tried  this type investment before ,
      Steve bought one a while back he had noted on a news letter  .
     I phoned the realestate finally but it was about to be signed up  , he told me hotels are the same as other commercial propety , if you are buying  only the freehold building and it is leased out they are 10 to 15 year leases  , they pay all outgoings and internal
    parts , painting , repairs carpets , etc so basically the business  and license is theirs , and they lease the building .
      It was said to be earning 8 % .

Interesting I thought , so there you go , get ino it and start calling agents and ask , go and check out a few properties , to see
     just what people are offering for the value asked on some properties . Don't have to buy yet , just get a feel for  what is out there .

Hope that gives a little insight  , Bacon , good luck .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.