All Topics / Help Needed! / Property and how many

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 42 total)
  • Profile photo of baconbacon
    Participant
    @bacon

Just wondering on the forum out of all the people who post actually have

A) Between 1-5 properties
    B) Between 5-10 properties
    C More then 10 properties

Just for interest no real reason :)

cheers

Profile photo of Nick KirlewNick Kirlew
    Participant
    @nick-kirlew

Hello Bacon,
    B
    But you neglected to expose yourself?
    Regards
    Thickknees

Profile photo of baconbacon
    Participant
    @bacon

Hey,
    Sorry :)
    I have 1 property. Am living most of the year in the USA currently. About 8 months a year.
    Looking at getting more into property when I get back.

I also do shares.

Your turn :)
    Thikknees!

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

C but it not about the numbers.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of ummesterummester
    @ummester
    Qlds007 wrote:

What's it about then?

Profile photo of devo76devo76
    @devo76

1 property. Ask me again in a year.

Profile photo of v8ghiav8ghia
    @v8ghia

One of the positives about this forum is the  huge cross section of both experience, investor types and strategies, and ability to both read and ask.
    Enjoy!

PS I never could quite grasp this alphabet business.

Profile photo of sallyannsallyann
    @sallyann

A or B depending how they are counted (1 is set of 4 units).

Participant
    @bacon

Yeah very true, Good to see young and old investing.
    And everyone can help each other out and give each other ideas and helpful information!

Participant
    @bacon

Yeah very true, Good to see young and old investing.
    And everyone can help each other out and give each other ideas and helpful information!

Profile photo of Michael 888Michael 888
    Participant
    @michael-888
    Qlds007 wrote:

Richard is right. The numbers are merely the means of keeping score. It's who you become whilst playing the game, and what you can do to enrich your own and others lives on the journey.

For the record I am in B or C depending on criteria of measuring/quantifying "property". It could mean titles or doors/leases.

Profile photo of goodrumgoodrum
    @goodrum

Six IP's and some land..controlling/managing over a million dollars worth of real estate. Buying as well as can be, a little add on value, (with some of them), spit and polish, refurbishments and rent them out. Also built a couple.

It has been an incredible journey, far from over yet, and having heaps of fun and meeting great characters.

All the IP's are in regional cities and towns, mainly because opportunity, the deal and my knowledge, (of these places),  is the drawcard.

I never dreamt how much of the world, opportunity and people would open up and be so helpful, just the biggest learning curve of my life.

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie
    ummester wrote:
    Qlds007 wrote:

What's it about then?

It's about nett worth and cashflow.

We're B

Profile photo of crashycrashy
    Participant
    @crashy

with property prices falling, I find it odd that people think its better to have a large exposure!

I just sold both of my properties and Im currently 100% cash.

so I guess Im: D, none

does that mean my opinion is not worth as much as someone who may lose a few million over the next few years because they own a lot of property? hmmm

Profile photo of Nick KirlewNick Kirlew
    Participant
    @nick-kirlew

Well Crashy,
    Please don't feel that your opinion is worth any less than anyone elses. But the lose a few million over a few years is off topic for this topic. I believe there is a correct place for the "end of the world is nigh" comments is available under recent topics.

As to the it's not about the numbers discussion, I think there is merit in how you travel point of view. Some people are very switched on, creating advantage in many ways, for example, they can operate in the areas they invest in, some of us can prepare for our retirement with a less hands on approach.

Thickknees

Profile photo of ErikHErikH
    @erikh

We're B and about to cross into C.

For me it is all numbers — just not number of properties, but indeed as marc said it's the combintaion of cashflow and networth which in due time will give us the financial freedom we are looking for.

I think the question "how many have you got" has some merit in that there is a common phenomena in just about every part of life that some who know it all and know it best have in fact have no skin in the game (i.e. they have never been and will never be property investors but do know everything on PI… and can't wait to tell everybody else what to do or not do …)

But we have to make sure we also take into account people like crashy who've decided to cash in for now and must obviously have given that a lot of careful thought.

Any chance of getting an online survey setup on the site so we could explore how long members have been in property, how much of their wealth is tied up in property, what their attitude to risk is etc. Would probably make fascinating reading

Profile photo of Event HorizonEvent Horizon
    @event-horizon

only A – (been investing for 4 yrs)

but  all on sydney and brisbane inner city property –   so net worth in the millions obviously.

EH

Participant
    @bacon

Great to see the responses coming in. I am looking to Invest in Perth. However the prices are so over-priced still and will need to come down. I think in the next 12 odd months will be a time when there could be a few bargains floating around.

Cheers

Profile photo of BennyteeBennytee
    Participant
    @ten_burner

Hi Bacon  A soon to be B..

My  fiance and I started buying property end of 06 and now have 5 IP all townhouse and apartments  2 in Hobart(Claremont and Rokeby) 2 in Sydney (Belmore and Darlinghurst) 1 in Brisbane (Kingston) we control 1.2m in property and have a LVR of  75% and have been going for 3yr fixed Interest rates for all of them

We are looking for our 6th IP in Adelaide as we believe  Adelaide is still undervalued compared to other capital cities, if  your looking for a cheap entry price to enter the market I would definitely check out Adelaide/ Hobart and outer suburbs of Brisbane.

for me its competitive I want to see how many I can buy and hold.. good luck feel the rush

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie

The mindset that to have lots of debt is bad, is the mindset of a saver.

Nothing wrong with being a saver, but it's been proved that saving money will not make you money over time after you include the erosion of capital through inflation and tax on interest earned. It's a very slow way to get rich, and not that safe or tax effective when analysed.

There is nothing wrong with lots of investment debt, provided you have a low LVR, and a high cashflow relevant to debt. It's all just zeros on the end.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.