All Topics / Help Needed! / Best books to read

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of baconbacon
    Participant
    @bacon

Hey Guys and Girls,
    Just wanted to know what the best books there are out there to read on real-estate.
    Looking for a book which talks about how you can own multiple investment homes, something like that

Thanks in advance!

Profile photo of Buying_FreedomBuying_Freedom
    Participant
    @buying_freedom

I found Seven Steps to Wealth by John Fitzgerald and How You Could Build a $10 Million Property Portfolio in Just 10 Years to be very helpful when I first started investing. They talk about how you can build up a property portfolio of multiple properties over time.

Profile photo of baconbacon
    Participant
    @bacon

Hey Thanks!
    I got "From 0- 130 Properties in 3.5 years"
    today, will look out for that book next :)
    Anyone read this book and thinks its good?

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Peter Spann's book is great.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of BenEdanBenEdan
    Participant
    @benedan

I've read Steve McKnight's '0 to 130' as well as '0 to 260+'  and found them to be both practical and inspirational.

I've read a few Margaret Lomas books but found that I was mentally comparing and cross checking with Steve's advice. I guess there is something about Steve's writing style that really appeals to me and his investment methods also strike a chord.

I also read Helen Collier-Kogtevs '47 Biggest Mistakes…' and found her stories interesting but if it is a practical how to guide your after then this isn't it. As the title suggests it is more about what to avoid based on her and her clients experiences, rather than a practical how to guide.

I gave Robert Kiyosaki's 'Rich Dad Poor Dad'  a go but really struggled through it. He laboured his points and after reading other investing books I didn't feel the message was new. I felt that other authors have taken Roberts message/teachings and have developed them further.

My best advice is to read wide and far – you never know when you might find some gold.

Hope this helps.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.