All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Canberra Accountant Needed

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of BenEdanBenEdan
    Participant
    @benedan

Hi,

I'm a newbie property investor located in the Canberra region. I'm looking for a local accountant who understands property investing.

I searched the forum for similar topics so I know this question has come up previously on this site, though the most recent posts seem to be over a year old. I also Google searched some of the leads posted from the old forum topic but thought I should ask the question again to see if anyone is willing to share more recent info.  

My current accountant has been trying to get me into property investing for quite a while now and about 2 years ago invited me to an information evening run by Blue Chip Financial Solutions – a one stop shop designed for time poor newbies who claimed their methods were superior…. but to protect their intellectual property they couldn't reveal too much. I was keen on crunching the numbers and was frustrated by the lack of info so I let it go….boy am I glad I did….
    http://news.smh.com.au/business/nineteen-nz-property-firms-go-bust-20080213-1s06.html

Anyway, the wash up is that I now have trust issues with my accountant and would like to try another… I'm coming back around to property investing and have been trying to self educate through seminars, books and, of course, online forums!

I would be grateful for you advice.

Thanks
    B

Profile photo of mrdouble08mrdouble08
    Participant
    @mrdouble08

I am too searching for a good IP accountant that has some clue on trusts/company structures. Did a quick search through the forums and found the following results…

• Bentleys MRI Accountants (Anne Rhodes 6274 0400 – Canberra)
    • Beverly Alley (Rivett – Canberra)
    • John Dellavedova (City – Canberra 02 62488500)
    • EverallsDFK (02 6232 4588 – Deakin Canberra)

Can anyone confirm if these accountants are still highly recommended? Would be nice if they have dealt with clients who are in the IT field too..

Profile photo of mrdouble08mrdouble08
    Participant
    @mrdouble08

Bump! surely someone on this site can confirm?

Profile photo of Prattman77Prattman77
    @prattman77

Hey,

gee first time on the site in a few years… Prattman28 is a few years behind the actual age! :-)

Anyway, I don't know about the accountant bit, but Beverly Alley (Not in Rivett anymore, in Coolemon Court now) handled the purchase of our 4 properties and all the ones from my extended family.  She is a hardworking angel who has no time at all for any timewasting…I would recommed her any day of the week. 

Have fun.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.