All Topics / Help Needed! / Selling Costs in WA

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of AnrobelAnrobel
    Participant
    @anrobel

Hey Guys

Just about to list my first property for sale, I have had some very different prices from agent for the privelage of selling my vacant block – up to $14,600 so far. Can anyone tell me what is the usual cost of selling a vacant block. I am listing at a realistic price so it won't be costing them a fortune in advertising while they condition me down – they should be able to get a fairly quick sale. The block is in Central Mandurah. Price is $400Kish.

Cheers

Profile photo of angela76angela76
    Participant
    @angela76

Hi Anrobel

I know what you mean.  I had some land I was looking to sell in Success approx $250000 and spoke to several agents the differences were huge from $5500 to $12500.  If it was a property and they had to be there for home opens then it would be more reasonable but the differences are probably because most agents reduce % amount for blocks as no home opens and  some just have a flat rate.  Shop around.  It is a hard time to sell land as so many on the market.  We couldn't sell so are now constructing to either sell or rent. Good luck! 

Profile photo of harbharb
    @harb
    Anrobel wrote:
    Can anyone tell me what is the usual cost of selling a vacant block.

I wouldn't give them more then 2% but around 2%-2.5% of selling price + GST seems to be the going rate in Mandurah. If its in a high traffic area plant a "For Sale" sign on it with your phone number and see how you go. Either Waterways or Falcon settlements should take care of the paperwork for less then 1K.

cheers

Profile photo of AnrobelAnrobel
    Participant
    @anrobel

Awesome Harb, thanks for that
    Do you know much about the Mandurah market? What are your thoughts at the moment??? I am only selling because i am thinking that the rezone to R60 in central MH will cause major oversupply and my once fairly rare R40 triplex block will be devalued by all of the soon to be 6unit sites selling for duplex prices on the other side of Anstruther Rd…..???? What do you think…

Profile photo of harbharb
    @harb

Sorry Anrobel, not up to date with central Mandurah market. If you're only looking for 400Kish I don't see much of a downside in holding, even with a R60 rezoning the price can only go up. Plus in the current market the only inquiries you'll probably get will be from "cash" buyers expecting to get it for half price.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.