All Topics / Value Adding / Floor in addition is 2.5 in. higher that floor in living room.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of helen_kievhelen_kiev
    @helen_kiev

Hi,

We added 12 by 14 ft addition to the back  of our house. There is a difference in floor height between the addition and floor in the living room approx. 2.5 inches. Both rooms have  a hardwood floor. I need help to figure out what to do — go with the step or reducer. Is the step of that height be safe?  I would appreciate  any advice.

Thanks, Helen

Profile photo of BanjoSmythBanjoSmyth
    Participant
    @banjosmyth

Hi Helen

Is there a doorway between the rooms?

Or have you knocked out a wall and there is a 2.5 inch drop for the whole 12ft?

I think a really nice reducer would probably be the best bet (sometimes they can look a bit tacky – but if done well they are great)
    There is nothing wrong with a little step butl it may become a bit of a trip hazard?

Good luck!

Cheers

Banjo Smyth

Profile photo of helen_kievhelen_kiev
    @helen_kiev

Banjo,

Thank you for answer. Yes, we knocked out the wall. Opening is 6 feet long.  I am really upset about this floor discrepancy, but it is already exist. I just want to find the best solution that fit safety requirements and look good aesthetically. 
    Helen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.