All Topics / General Property / Builders in Melbourne (for Bayswater North)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of rajjorajjo
    @rajjo

Hi all,

This is my first home I am building in north east of Melbourne in suburb of Bayswater,

I have placed a deposit on a block of land. The lot has a slope of about 2m from back left corner to the front right corner.

The block is located with a good view of a creek in front of the house and view of the Dandenong ranges,

I have seen display homes from most of the major builders like Porter Davis, simmonds, metricon, National builders, and other builders such as Ashford homes and Hotondo homes,

I love the finish from Porter Davis but none of them have living space in the front..

Could any one comment of their experience on these builders or recommend any good builder ….

I do have an ideal dream plan in mind and looking for a good hassle free builder to help me out,

Your valuable suggestions would be much appreciated,

RaV

Profile photo of shimmashimma
    @shimma

Hi Rav,
    Who have you decided to go with?

Regards Shim

Profile photo of Focus06Focus06
    @focus06

Hi Rav,
    My partner and I have recently brought a block of land as well and only recently found a builder we both agreed with. We have chosen a sector of the National Builders Group called Homes Now. They have very low pricing and nice practical homes. There standard inclusions are basic but alot of the things they don't include are cheaper to get installed yourself anyway. We have chosen the Piccolo 22E http://www.homesnow.com.au/piccolo-22E.html its a lovely design with the space used very well. This starting price is $124,900 but they don't include floor coverings then on top you have site costs.

We looked and emailed pretty much every builder we could find, but it was harder for as we have brought in Yarra Junction so alot of builders did not go there. Another good builder that are quite cheap and have lots of inclusions and are beautiful are Frenken Homes, I would checdk them out… because they do build where you are.

I hope I gave you some good options.  Just warning you building can become very stressful but it is worth it!!

Profile photo of NHMSNHMS
    @nhms

Give New Horizon Builders a shot, work all over Melbourne but based in South East, cheapest prices guaranteed, contact to have a meeting and discuss 0419-895-785, Kamran

Profile photo of rajjorajjo
    @rajjo

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the input of data,
    It has been a long winding process waiting for settlement of land ,,, and has eventually happened hip hip hurray .. but just means that my mortgage repayments has started ticking in…. :-(

The estate is called bayview rise in Bayswater north,…..

I have looked at NBG …. got a prlim quote ….. the site cost is huge close to 40k…. because the lot had some cut and fill..

I spoke to one of the neighbours who is also in process of building and his builder (bigger builder starting with S) has only quoted for abt 20k…. and the funny thing is that both the floor plans and soil type ,cut and fill are all same between our lots…

Shall keep you guys posted as i progress… but as Focus said it is stressful but i am trying to enjoy as much of it as possible b cos it if for the house I have dreamed for long ……

Thanks guys …. please keep your inputs flowing ..

Profile photo of Focus06Focus06
    @focus06

Hi Rajjo, How much fall do you have on your block?

Profile photo of adamsimpson36adamsimpson36
    Participant
    @adamsimpson36

Hi RaV,

Good luck with your house!

I ended up building with a company called d-style homes, (AKA: V & M Daniele Construction, Dstyle Homes, V&M Construction). They build across Melbourne. I would not recommend them to anyone. 

We finished our house over 12 months ago and we're still trying to get things fixed!!! They were as nice as pie when they were trying to sign us up, but as soon as we signed they turned on us. They would never get back to us, they would speak rudely to us, they were slow and the cost of the house went up incredibly. We ended up paying about $30,000 more than what was bargained for. It was a total disaster. The end quality of the house was terrible as well. 

I have also heard bad stories about Metricon. I also like the look of the Porter Davis houses. Has anyone built with them? 

The problem with fall on your land is that a lot of the major builders don't want to build on a fall. I've heard they charge a lot for cut and fill. 

Good luck!

A.S 

Profile photo of bfcaseybfcasey
    Participant
    @bfcasey

I also built with D-Style Homes / V&M Daniele Construction. Worst builders ever!
    It has taken them almost 2 years and the house still isn’t completed. Terrible quality. Vince and the staff are so rude. They were very friendly to me as well until they started building. Then Vince turned into a monster. Always abusing me. I can’t wait for them to finish so I can sell it. I can’t live in this dump.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.