All Topics / Help Needed! / Property research for Tassie

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of thebigislethebigisle
    @thebigisle

Does anyone know who produces decent research/data for Tasmania? I have sussed out a few providers but none publish anything on Tasmania, bar basic sales results. So I got lazy and jumped on here!

Any help appreciated.

Profile photo of tuggerwaughtuggerwaugh
    Participant
    @tuggerwaugh

try REIT…real estate institute of Tas….. some good data, but also some average data…mostly on sales price, wages, housing affordability etc…hope this helps

Profile photo of DeeBeeDeeBee
    @deebee
    Profile photo of DeeBeeDeeBee
    @deebee

BTW, I think the only website that does proper data for Tassie (i.e. stuff you have to purchase) is the following:

http://www.homepriceguide.com.au/

Can be well worth it if you've a particular area in mind e.g. I got the postcode report for 7009 (around Lutana, Moonah etc.) and it breaks down the past sales for the last 24 months. Some of the listings even include links to the actual ads for the property so you can take a squiz and see how it matches up to a property you're looking at. E.g. I was looking at a newly built 3br house on a piece of subdivided land (so it had just under 300m2 land) and I was able to find past sales in Lutana and surrounds of other 3br houses on small blocks (since many of the listings include block size and number of beds/baths). This helped me to determine whether or not the asking price of the property was fair given the prices achieved for similar sales.

EDIT: In case you're wondering, the report was $100, but I think it was $100 well spent as even if I don't end up going for that property in Lutana, it can still be used for other properties there and in several other suburbs :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.