All Topics / Finance / loan structure for 2nd IP, suggestions please..

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of CaboSanLucasCaboSanLucas
    Participant
    @cabosanlucas

Hi
    I'm looking for a broker or advice from people who know a lot about property investing and how to set up my finance. I currently have 1 investment property (just converted from an owner occ). It is IO, i'm looking to purchase a 2nd soon. Should I refinance my current loan to 95% with a LOC and then finance my 2nd property as a stand alone also with a LOC???

I'm in Sydney if anyone wants to give suggestions.
    Cheers

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Cabo

It is funny it is the most popular question we get asked at the moment  "how to structure my finance" ?

In essence the ideal way is as you have described however obtaining a line of credit to 95% is not as easy as it sounds in the current climate.

If you wish to drop me a quick email with some actual figures I would be happy to give you some constructive advice on moving forward.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of god_of_moneygod_of_money
    Participant
    @god_of_money

Just curious… why you want to finance to LOC 95% and then finance the 2nd property?
    Gee…how much equity do you have in the next 6 month in the bear property market especially in sydney?

Profile photo of MaxxiMaxxi
    @maxxi

Cabo,

If you are considering increasing your current loan to 95% … I have a couple of questions:

1/ Is this loan over your primary place of residence at a managable level?
    2/ Do you have sufficient equity in the first investment property to finance the second?

The first thing is to consider is the state of the economy and the state of your finances … ie cashflow. Are you in a position to purchase and maintain the repayments of a second
    investment property if finances get strained?

It can be very risky in the current economy borrowing above or even at 90% if the market drops and you need to refinance … make sure you do your research on the market prices, suburbs and regions of growth …. try to buy in an area that is less prone to prices reducing…. preferably a stable economy, good infrastructure and positive migration.

Profile photo of CaboSanLucasCaboSanLucas
    Participant
    @cabosanlucas

Maxxi

I turned my owner occ into an IP recently, so i am renting now and will continue to rent in the future. i realize i may not be in the best position at the moment to purchase but i want to in the next 6 months. i realize all about the economy and market etc.. but also believe it's a good time to buy in sydney. i'm not one to sit around and wait…

i have llimited equity in my current IP but have some money tied up in the sharemarket i can utilize at some stage…

taking all the variables aside, let's say i had plenty of equity in my existing property and servicing wasn't an issue. would i finance it the way i originally stated? with 2 stand alone properties and 2 LOC's?

many thanks
    Cabo

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Cabo

Short answer is Yes you would. Although as i mentioned obtaining a LOC to 95% maybe harder that it looks these days. 

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.