All Topics / Help Needed! / What do i need to look for

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of 4141915541419155
    Participant
    @41419155

The ANZ has recently said that we are just around the corner of a new housing boom. this going me thinking. what do i need to look for in order to locate a suburb or town which is going to boom. what are the characteristics i am looking for? Any help would be greatly appreciatied.

Profile photo of mpertilempertile
    @mpertile

My advice is to buy property that you know is a good deal and a good investment in today's market, not based on what might happen if there happened to be a boom, especially in today's market.  You make money on a property when you buy, not when you sell.

Profile photo of 4141915541419155
    Participant
    @41419155
    Profile photo of 4141915541419155
    Participant
    @41419155
    Profile photo of ScampScamp
    @scamp

"The ANZ has recently said that we are just around the corner of a new housing boom"

Did you know ANZ is one of the first banks that are going bust if the housing market keeps slumping ?
    Ofcourse they will say there's a boom upcoming. Did anyone ask them where they will find the buyers ?
    Oh wait, buyers aren't important in a housing market, only the sellers are, and they use a simple formula "house prices double every 7 years". So, from that, your house should automatically go up 10% per year, regardless of what the economy is going, because "house prices always double every seven years, and they never drop"

It's funny to see the sheep follow the wolves' advice :)

Profile photo of ScampScamp
    @scamp

Oh here's my prediction by the way, please share with ANZ's CFO and bank directors :

"House prices will crash 50%, then they will stagnate for years"

good luck with that.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.