All Topics / Help Needed! / THE C/VAN PARK ARE TAKING SOME OF MY LAND

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of ziggystuff0ziggystuff0
    @ziggystuff0
    I have lived in the  Beach c/van park on a Permanent site in the Caravan park, for over 3-1/2 years.
    Now, one of the new, manager's have told me that they are going to make the size of my Site, smaller.

This will mean, the Value of my Home deteriorates.
    Also I will loose my shed, and fences and established plants and palms.
    This will mean if I ever wish to sell my property, it will never be worth what it was when I had the Courtyard and shed etc,. OR what I paid for it.
    Do you have any information that will assist me – I really do need help, as the Manager said when the rain stops they are digginging upp my pavers etc,. and removing my fences  I need help to save my Investment.
    THE COUNCIL have told me my site is approved
    THE PREVIOUS MANAGER said, prior to my purchasing it. That there was nothing he could do about the size of my Site as it was established before he moved into the office. 
    I look forward to hearing some news.

Profile photo of BuilderBobBuilderBob
    Participant
    @builderbob

ziggy honestly I don't think you have a leg to stand on from how I read your post.
    Many years ago I owned a permanent on site van in Mackay that I lived in while visiting Mackay on my off days or for work.
    After a number of years the park decided they were going to erect self contained units on my plot after I paid for the concrete slab and toilet set up, plus an insulated extension valued at 15k .
    I to was pissed off and actually had to relocate 10mts away and spend another 2k and lots of time to set up again.

At the end of the day I had no rights as it was park ground and they can do what they want.
    If you do not like it you can pack up and move to another park will be their answer.

Myself I ended up buying an ex goverment house near town beach and did a reno on it.

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Zig, you have a lease over the land (probably only monthly or weekly) so you do not have any tenure over the land. What you bought was the improvements – the park manager can give you notice at any time and get you to remove your 'improvements'. That's life in a park.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.