All Topics / Help Needed! / How to get property sold price

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of hao_jiuhao_jiu
    @hao_jiu

HI guys,

I plan to buy my first property in November this year and now am doing research in local market. One friend told me that the price on Domain and Realestate may not  be the final deal price,coz property agents may put low price to attract attention or high price to give discount.

Do any of you have idea how to follow up the selling property on the market and find out its sold price?

Thanks a lot

Steven

Profile photo of newbi2newbi2
    @newbi2

Quite true,

If the proerty has been advertised at say $350K but the true selling price was $320 the you will most likely find either the original list price is displayed or a range is shown. Basically, it would be bad press to say you were not able to achieve the price you estimated it was worth. Not all agents behave like this, but enough do to make the figures you mention very unreliable. If you want an accurate figure log on to something like streetsales.com.au where 3 hours access is about $20 and you can look up as much as you like. I have found this a much cheaper option than individual searches with RPData. You don't get owners names but does that matter?

mick

Profile photo of mackarmackar
    @mackar

hi Hao Jiu,

I have found a great website where you can get sale prices for free,
    go to:  http://www.onthehouse.com.au

I'm pretty sure it is nationwide info also…you can even get the sale details for an entire street at a time…

good luck

mackar

Profile photo of hao_jiuhao_jiu
    @hao_jiu

Thanks a lot, guys.

It's amazing! I found some free info on the onthehouse.

Profile photo of mackarmackar
    @mackar

no problems mate…

I found it a few weeks ago myself…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.