All Topics / Help Needed! / Advice Quickly!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of tuggerwaughtuggerwaugh
    Participant
    @tuggerwaugh

G'day all…

I'll try and make this quick. I have a property settling next friday which this week my property manager put on realestate.com for rent. The property was a deceased estate and yesterday we received a phone call advising us from the vendors solicitor that we were to take the property off the internet and we would not have any more access until settlement. We were due to have a potential renter through today and now that has been cancelled due to a grumpy vendor. The other problem was that the photos our property manager took showed a table and bookcase that belonged to the deceased lady. My question is; do we have a leg to stand on in order to advertise the property and get prospective clients through before settlement. My first 2 IP's this was not a problem at all and we had renters ready as soon as settlement took place. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

tuggerwaugh

Profile photo of TracyDTracyD
    @tracyd

As the vendors own the property until settlement date, they can say yes or no to allowing you to show potential tenants through.  They are only obliged to let you through to have your final inspection just before settlement.
    Most vendors though are happy to let potential tenants through? There must be a reason why they are not willing to let you do this? Maybe the agent didnt clear it with them first before putting images on the internet for rental? Would this be the case?

Profile photo of tuggerwaughtuggerwaugh
    Participant
    @tuggerwaugh

G'day Tracy…

Yeah I think she has just cracked it because the estate agents had cleared everything exactly with her, but the problem is she is taking it out on us, the purchasers, when the problem seems to have come about from the agents. Thanks again for your response. Cheers

tuggerwaugh

Profile photo of maree_bradrossmaree_bradross
    @maree_bradross

It may have something to do with potential liabillity, seeing how it is a deceased estate? Maree

Profile photo of tuggerwaughtuggerwaugh
    Participant
    @tuggerwaugh

It was interesting because the photos that were used for the sale of the property were almost identical to the photos taken for the rental advertising. Exactly the same things were in the apartment and appeared in the photos. It is just such a pain in the ass seeing that this is a bad time of year for renting in hobart with the cold…… the loss of this renters ability to get into the property could cost us in the long run if we find it difficult to find new propective tenants.
    tuggerwaugh

Profile photo of gibbo1gibbo1
    Participant
    @gibbo1

I guess we all learn from things like this and in future if you are relying upon getting a tennant in close to settlement date it may be worth making it a condition of sale in the contract that the vendor allows the premise to be inspected prior to settlement given that 4 hours notice is given

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.