All Topics / Help Needed! / Hilton or Hamilton Hill, WA

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of howardcmhowardcm
    @howardcm

Hey everyone,

This is my first post so please be kind!

I am looking to go halves in a house on a block of land between 800 – 850sqm with a family member

We have chosen 2 homes and are trying to narrow it down to 1.

1 is a 3×1 house on a 831sqm block on Frederick Road, Hamilton Hill. It has a renovated Kitchen and Bathroom. The house is in the middle of the block

The other is a 2×1 home on a 809sqm block on Chadwick Street Hilton.
    he backyard is North Facing and the hosue is on the front half of the block. It is about $20k cheaper then the 1 in Hamilton Hill.

Now I have driven past both. Both houses are pretty much identical from the outside and the streets are quite similar looking. In that they both have quite old house but plenty of trees on.

I will be looking to stay in the house for 6 – 12 months then rent it out for another 6 – 12 months. After 18 – 24 months I would then subdivide and build 2 new houses.

Which would be the better option Hamilton Hill or Hilton?

Thanks heaps

Profile photo of jamiedellamjamiedellam
    Participant
    @jamiedellam

Why are you only looking at hamilton hill and hilton ( both very dodgy areas)
    Have you looked at spearwood. Some of spearwood (behind pheonix shops) is R60. Also in less than 2 years alot of the blocks in spearwood will be zoned R30. There are quite a few old houses on 900sq+ blocks there.
    Just my 2 cents.

Profile photo of howardcmhowardcm
    @howardcm

Spearwood is a bit to far south for me

Hilton and especialy Hamilton Hill are now knocking down the Homeswest Homes and building up. Thats the only reason why they are dodgy. The amount of Homes West homes and the people they attract. Less homes west homes means less dodgy people.

There proximity to the beach and Freo along with old homes being knocked down and new ones being built mean the price will rise substantialy in the near future

Profile photo of mel_d01mel_d01
    @mel_d01

Have to checked to see what the R-code is?? differing councils will decide whether 800sqm is big enough for 2 villas?? I'd be checking this before u buy. Even go into the council and discuss your plans. all too often people think this is easy building 2 homes ..but theres a lot to think about. Also check are there any easements on the property? check with the water authority where the water pipes are running ect + plus get a quotation from them for the fees there going to charge u? (approx 20k per unit.)
    all this stuff could make your decision. piles are expensive and could blow your whole project. I used to work for a builder and was looking after unit developments-not the easiest projects to deal with.
    mel;) 

Profile photo of jamesjimmy1jamesjimmy1
    @jamesjimmy1

i remember when spearwood was dodgy ,rockingham was dodgy and balga was dodgy but i was back in perth a few weeks ago and was really surprised to see that all these areas had changed quite considerably last time i lived in perth was 1996 been living in queensland ever since gods country as they say over here eh

james

Profile photo of jamesjimmy1jamesjimmy1
    @jamesjimmy1

oh and theres one i forgot to mention Kwinana very dodgy but not any more, places change

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.