All Topics / General Property / IMPOSSIBLE? Absentee Owners/ Finding out who owns a property and how to contact them

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of davidcballdavidcball
    @davidcball

Hi everyone,

I'm struggling to solve a simple problem. I want to find out a) who owns a property and b) how to contact them (mailing address) and in particular if they are an absentee owner. If this came in a list form that would absolutely ideal but i would even be content with having to research a specific lot/property if need be. I feel as if i've hit brick wall after brick wall…

A) RP Data and APM can't supply lists of absentee owners under NSW privacy laws and don't supply any contact details on their title searches (same with department of lands);

B) if the owner doesn't live in the house (i.e. they have tenants) i cannot use the name from RP Data and then the phonebook;

C) Local councils will grant restricted access to their property rates register if it is a public register and approve your request for information under the freedom of information act;

D) This is not confirmed but i doubt OSR wouldn't allow public access to the contact details of the land tax payer under 'private information' of the FOI Act;

Has anyone had any experience with either seeking out absentee owners in a specified area and getting in contact with them or even simply finding out who the owner is and their contact details of a certain property? Has anyone ever obtained a list of ansentee owners in NSW?

Any feedback, suggestions, directions or advice is greatly appreciated,

Regards,

David

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.