All Topics / Heads Up! / Article in API on Mildura

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of elkamelkam
    @elkam

Hello

I live OS and had API posted to me a few times by the publishers. However as the cost of the postage was really outrages (more than double the cost of the magazine) I stopped getting it.

I have been told that API had an article in this/last months issue calling Mildura the next hot spot.

Has anyone who has read the article got the time and the inclination to give me a very short summary of their reasons please? 

Thank you
    Elka

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

I have not got the article! But Mildura will be deppendant on the drought breaking I'd say.

I'd like to know what other reason why it could go ahead?

Profile photo of elkamelkam
    @elkam

Hello Jaffasoft

I believe it was in the March issue of API and that it was mentioned as a hot spot for property under $200K.
    At least that is what I have been able to find, searching through forums, but not why.
    Would you have a copy of that issue? 

I also think that the region is very depenent on a solution to the drought problem. 

Cheers
    Elka

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

>>Would you have a copy of that issue?<<

No I don't have a copy sorry! I stopped buying API a while ago.

I'm sure there is a few in here that would have it though and might be able to give you a run down on what the article was about.

Profile photo of JLJL
    @jl

Elka,
    The article was quoting Margret Lomas stating that Mildura was dependable.  A warm spot not a hot spot.  Reliable with returns and growth.  "It has a strong diverse economy with affordable real estate, a busy council and business community – and is the proposed site of the world's biggest solar power station".  It goes through the usual stats – Uni, Dried fruit, melons, etc. 
    I spoke to an agent I know in the area and he said after the article – March edition, that interest was good but has now slowed down.  He said vacancies are low – but please do your research.  I know that there is a lot development occurring and the population is getting bigger. 
    Good luck with your research.  I personnally have Mildura on my shortlist for my next few purchases.
     Remember that Mildura was one of 15 hot spots mentioned, so it was quite brief on all.
    I hope this helps
    Kind Regards,
    JL

@elkam

Hello JL

Thank you for taking the time to post this for me.

Much appreciated
    Elka

Profile photo of RobLRobL
    @robl

also keep an eye on Iluka and the work 20ks outside Ouyen (though we've left Ouyen alone – is probably a magazine or two away :-) ) …. Ouyen (or Manangatang – where there development is occuring) is commutable from Mildura …. Ouyen has jumped a big % of a low base in recent months, though we'd suspect (though do your own research), that a town with such a tiny population (though bigger than Managatang :-) ) is likely to leak – particularly families seeking amenities – to Mildura.

The Iluka development is more than just mineral sands – and appears to have strong markets o/seas – it will also take over as leading extraction (if our research be correct – though do your own :-) as always) from the mid west and Capel.

Drought aside, Mildura does have a good diversity of industry – a couple of cheap suburbs on the vic side and (quasi) suburbs on the NSW side.

enjoy :-)

R

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

There is also a mention in the August 2008 edition about an investor living in USA having invested in Mildura for the higher rental return yield .

@elkam

I confess to being totally ignorant about Mildura so I'm ready to be laughed at for my stupid question.

Surely a solution to the draught problem is necessary before one can decide whether Mildura will grow or shrink.
    Isn't most of the "industry" in/around Mildura related to growing "something". How is that  being manage with the draught. 

I am actually more interested in a commercial property and am looking at this area as it's considerably cheaper than my old "home town" of Melbourne.

Any info or leads as to where to look for info would be appreciated.

Thank you for your answers to date.

Elka

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.