All Topics / Value Adding / Where can I buy flat pack kitchen ? (like ikea but better)

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of mel_d01mel_d01
    @mel_d01

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know where I can purchase a cheap and cheerful kitchen, flat pack units. I live in perth but I don't think there's anything over here. So I was wondering if over east had anything like this? maybe units all in standard sizes that you can order over the Internet? any ideas would be great.

Thanks
    mel

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Did you check out BUNNINGS, we've had  luck there?

Ikea has a downloadable planner as well

Profile photo of Cat159Cat159
    Participant
    @cat159

Hi

Get out the yellow pages and look for cabinet makers – if you know what size your cabinets are going to be (get the bunning flat pack catalogue and it will have all of the sizes in there). Then give the cabinet maker the sizes of the cabinets req'd and they can cut out a flat pack for you. I do this all of the time. For example Bunnings wanted approx $1200 for the cabinets, the cabinet maker quoted $795 of which he has cut out, edged and marked out as a flat pack ready to screw together. On the Gold Coast I use a company called Cut to Size or HPP. There should be similar companies over there. and the good thing is that they can do the doors and benchtops as well in what ever colour or laminate you want.

Profile photo of VStarVStar
    Participant
    @vstar
    Profile photo of suavemechanicsuavemechanic
    Participant
    @suavemechanic

we recently got a made in china assembled in beenleigh kitchen from the internet,(the bay )
    it was really really good
    nice two pac great handles and hinges….
    the guy who cut the granite said we had 5 grand worth ,
    which was way more than we paid for the whole deal !
    there were a few hassles with time and due dates,
    but for the price i would use these guys again and again (under an assumed name of course … i blasted him !)
    the fact it was assembled saved me a bunch of time on the install ,
    and hiring a small truck midweek is not such a big deal
    good luck

Profile photo of Susie40Susie40
    @susie40

Hi suavemechanic

Could you give me a few more details of these guys. I knocked down my old kitchen over 6 months ago and sanded the floors but am looking at putting one in very shortly. Do they have a website?

Cheers
    Suzie

Profile photo of mel_d01mel_d01
    @mel_d01

hiya all,
    yes suavemechanic that company sound like a good move. more details please.

To be honest I was actually looking to see how much competition there was out there to start a business. only an idea at the moment. Do you think renos like yourself would buy flat pack kitchens if they were standard size units such as 600w, 800w, 1000w, 300w ect with a choice of colours, purchase over the internet + deliveried?? with an option for units already assembled and units you have to DIY??

just an idea, or is it easier just to go to bunnings…hmm,.

Profile photo of mel_d01mel_d01
    @mel_d01

Oh I forgot to mention with an ideal lead time of 2weeks deliveried.

Profile photo of Ol PaintingOl Painting
    @ol-painting

FLATPAX kitchens from Bunnings are cheapest are found so far and look really good. They also have now modern colours, timber look and murble benchtops. So you can easily create designer look

The only comments – I really don't like their laminated bench tops. So I’m getting bench tops only from IKEA – thick square edge benches.

Also kitchens come with those simplest stained steal doorhandles. But I always upgrade them to a good quality handles instead – it ads two more start top the overall look!

You have to book everything in advance – takes about 2 weeks, but my last reno in country WA was 6 weeks and they messed up order as well! So be repaired for this, go to the shop yourself, ask them to show a printout of what they ordered and check it!

Overall it's easy to assemble. Fixing doors is always a challenge to me (it suppose to be very easy!!! May be it's just me). But the overage size kitchen frame I put together myself in one day easily – and I'm just a girl.

Profile photo of DinahDinah
    @dinah

I use Bunning flatpak kitchens in my renos but i never get their benchtops. I use a local hardware store  so I have the, colour/style, and the right bench lengths with no joins that I want. The price is comparable to Bunnings benches with no wastage. They will also cut the sink and cooktop holes if needed for a small charge.
    Perhaps you have that kind of hardware service where you are?

Having said that, I like the suggestion that Cat159 came up with – approach a cabinet maker to make you a flatpak. I might try this myself next time.

Profile photo of Jonathan_CubopacJonathan_Cubopac
    @jonathan_cubopac

Hi There

We are looking for a distributor for our flatpack kitchens in WA. If you are interested have a look at http://www.cubopac.com.au

Thanks

mel_d01 wrote:
    hiya all,
    yes suavemechanic that company sound like a good move. more details please.

To be honest I was actually looking to see how much competition there was out there to start a business. only an idea at the moment. Do you think renos like yourself would buy flat pack kitchens if they were standard size units such as 600w, 800w, 1000w, 300w ect with a choice of colours, purchase over the internet + deliveried?? with an option for units already assembled and units you have to DIY??

just an idea, or is it easier just to go to bunnings…hmm,.

Profile photo of Zeel KitchenZeel Kitchen
    Participant
    @jdrew22

Hi I did a quick search on google about cheap and best kitchen design for you and this is what shows up on top, Zeel Kitchen. I hope this will help you.

Profile photo of nicolejohnsonnicolejohnson
    Participant
    @nicolejohnson

Hi, where’s your location? If you’re located in AU then I know company that will design and renovate it for you. If you search in the internet, there are a lot of companies out there but the best company for me when talking about kitchen stuffs is kitchendesignperth.com.au. I had a renovation from them last month and purchased Flatpack kitchen. They are very amazing!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.