All Topics / Help Needed! / Have you read these books?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of The ChaserThe Chaser
    Participant
    @the-chaser

TAXATION:
    I have only had an IP for 2 months and so this will be the first financial year that my tax return will include an IP.  I will be choosing a suitable accountant shortly but wish to be better informed re: tax and IP's prior to meeting them.  Has anyone read the following books (or would like to recommend others) and can provide some feedback as to how useful they would be for a newbie like myself? 

Rental Property and Taxation  by Tony Compton (2006)

Saving Tax on your Investment Property by Noel Whitttaker & Julia Hartman (2008)

RENOVATIONS:
    I am also in the process of educating myself about IP renovations with a view to doing a reno later this year.  I do have some basic experience on the practical side having renovated a PPOR in recent years doing the work ourselves, but obviously without any real time constraints or a strict budget.  I will be purchasing a copy of Dean Parker's 'Reno Toolbox' once it is re-released in August.  In the interim has anyone read the following books (or can recommend others) and can provide feedback as to how useful they were for someone just starting out in renos? 

Real Property, Real People, Unreal Profits by "The Reno Kings" Geoff Doidge & Paul Eslick (2004)

Renovate for Profit "How to Make a Fortune from Quick Property Renovations" by Sam Vannutini (2003)

Any feedback greatly appreciated.   Thanks.

Angela 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.