All Topics / Opinionated! / robert kiyosaki

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Profile photo of aseaasea
    Participant
    @asea

His books are more inspirational than technical. They are great if you are starting out and need motivation – but they are all quite airy fairy and may be more relevant in the US than here. Some of his other books spend the first half of the book justifying why you should invest in property rather than the stock market. By the way, his Rich Dad and Poor Dads are in fact fictional. They didn't really exist.

Also, my cousin read the book "Rich Dad Poor Dad" in senior high school and he was convinced that he didn't need an education. He was able to give it all up on his HSC/ATAR now and not even try to go to uni. Thanks Robert! We fought hard to convince him otherwise. I would recommend the book only after they begin their working life.

I have read many books but I have yet to any as good as McKnight's. Not only are they relevant but they full of examples with real numbers. You can't beat that. I gained true understanding – rather than just rhetoric! Thanks Steve!

Profile photo of Alex SCAlex SC
    Participant
    @alex-sc

Rich dad poor dad ,was first book to open my eyes to investing . Just a good book to get motivated.

Profile photo of WomeninPropMelbWomeninPropMelb
    @womeninpropmelb

Yeah, me too and if it does that then it is worth it!

Profile photo of mattstamattsta
    Participant
    @mattsta

I've read Rich Dad Poor Dad, and books on the Cash Flow Quadrant. I even played the Cash Flow games that he has out.

I agree that often he does lack the nuts and bolts in his material. He has a more conceptual view of things. Some of his material ha sbeen inspirational – but then it can be difficult to know what to do next after you have been "inspired"

Profile photo of JaSin66JaSin66
    @jasin66

I'd like to know what books Steve McKnight would recommend.

Profile photo of WomeninPropMelbWomeninPropMelb
    @womeninpropmelb

His own of course.

Profile photo of Andrew_AAndrew_A
    Participant
    @andrew_a

Rich Dad Poor Dad was a landmark book. Many have cited it as the motivation to build wealth and become financially independent, I remember the first time I read it as well, could have been lucky timing somewhat as the key ideas in wealth creation are very old and have all been written about in other places but that doesn’t change what RDPD accomplished for a lot of people. No book can make you a success, you have to do that yourself and if a book can motivate you in that direction then it’s a good book in my opinion!

Profile photo of jayhinrichsjayhinrichs
    Participant
    @jayhinrichs

Get rich selling books thats the end of the story

Profile photo of BennyteeBennytee
    Participant
    @ten_burner

I think his book, rich dad poor dad is way to vague, give me steves books any day, they are a proper step by step manual

Profile photo of mattstamattsta
    Participant
    @mattsta

Hmm. I think I should re-read Steve's stuff. I don't think I've really delved into his stuff as much as I did with Kiyosaki's work.

From your comments, it seems Steve may give better nuts and bolts info

Thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.