All Topics / Help Needed! / Is frankston area good to invest in??

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of mrkueh80mrkueh80
    @mrkueh80

I never have any Investment property, but i wish i can get one…and the area i look at is frankston in Victoria, does this area good? how is the community over there? i never been to frankston but when i see the map and close to beach and the house still pretty reasonable…that how frankston attract my attention

Please advise

Terrance
    http://www.squidoo.com/money_no_enough

Profile photo of maree_bradrossmaree_bradross
    @maree_bradross

Yeh – imho I would buy in South Frankston, there is good infrastructure, public transport & commuting distance to CBD. Especially with the new eastlink just opening up. The coastline is beautiful, I would buy there Seaford or even Bonbeach.

Profile photo of yarposyarpos
    @yarpos

Frankston has been a good area for us ….but….I think it may had its burst of growth now and settle back into something like the outer burbs norm.   We have been there for a couple of years now and have enjoyed good rental growth and theoretical capital growth  (I only beleive that when the contracts are exchanged and the money is in the bank).  Although it is outer burbs I think there is value there due to being well connected transport wise and under valued water proximity wise.

From an interstate perspective (we orginally came from Sydney half a lifetime ago) it is massively underpriced given proximity to Bay, freeway and rail.   Frankston had a bit of a bogan/moccasin wearer reputation, which to some extent was true but I think is slowly waning.  South Frankston/Olivers hill is the 'better" area, although that doesnt necessarily equate to better capital growth or better tenants. 

Profile photo of mrkueh80mrkueh80
    @mrkueh80

I never been to frankston, one of my friend told me that frankston is not really a good area and bit doggy..is that true???

I notice near they sky road…litter bit up north -east of frankston CBD..the house is about 300k and able to get about 4x 2 double story house..which is very cheap compare to close to CBD.

I actually located in Perth, but i still Like melbourne..my plan is to move to meloburne within few years…i already predicted melbourne property will go up becuase there is no way PERTH property is more expensive than Melbourne…. but I have no enough money to invest for the past two years..and now i believe the market is stablalise and high interest rate will not make any money from property market for at least a year..i believe…

any other area good to invest..? actually my investment capital is about 300k and hopefully can get at least 5% returns…

@yarpos
    mrkueh80 wrote:

I never been to frankston, one of my friend told me that frankston is not really a good area and bit doggy..is that true???

I notice near they sky road…litter bit up north -east of frankston CBD..the house is about 300k and able to get about 4x 2 double story house..which is very cheap compare to close to CBD.

I actually located in Perth, but i still Like melbourne..my plan is to move to meloburne within few years…i already predicted melbourne property will go up becuase there is no way PERTH property is more expensive than Melbourne…. but I have no enough money to invest for the past two years..and now i believe the market is stablalise and high interest rate will not make any money from property market for at least a year..i believe…

any other area good to invest..? actually my investment capital is about 300k and hopefully can get at least 5% returns…

Matter of opinion re what Frankston is.  Its a bit like people who devalue Melbournes west, often without having lived or worked there…… I heard,  someone said,  my brother in laws 2nd cousin reckons type stuff.

Yes a property where you talk about will be cheaper than the CBD 40ish kilometeres away,  thats pretty normal in any city.  It is a pretty risky line of thinking linking rates in one city to another.  Perth is in the middle of a mining boom that may go on for decades or may end next year.  Personally I dont want Melbourne to go they way Sydney and Perth have gone as we will have as many people in the shit as they have.  If progress is steady and we lag those places that will be fine (and in todays world not going backwards would be equally fine). 

There are many good areas to invest in Melbourne,  but what are your objectives?  just to get into this market or something you want to move to later or ……………….?    From a personal perspective if I had another 300k to invest in Melbourne I would buy a 2BR apartment in the inner north < 10k from the CBD.   We have one there now and I am selling up a place further out (not Frankston as I think it  still has growth potential) to invest further.    Areas of the inner west are re-cycling now also and have reasonable prices and city proximity.

@mrkueh80
    yarpos wrote:
    mrkueh80 wrote:

Matter of opinion re what Frankston is.  Its a bit like people who devalue Melbournes west, often without having lived or worked there…… I heard,  someone said,  my brother in laws 2nd cousin reckons type stuff.

Yes a property where you talk about will be cheaper than the CBD 40ish kilometeres away,  thats pretty normal in any city.  It is a pretty risky line of thinking linking rates in one city to another.  Perth is in the middle of a mining boom that may go on for decades or may end next year.  Personally I dont want Melbourne to go they way Sydney and Perth have gone as we will have as many people in the shit as they have.  If progress is steady and we lag those places that will be fine (and in todays world not going backwards would be equally fine). 

There are many good areas to invest in Melbourne,  but what are your objectives?  just to get into this market or something you want to move to later or ……………….?    From a personal perspective if I had another 300k to invest in Melbourne I would buy a 2BR apartment in the inner north < 10k from the CBD.   We have one there now and I am selling up a place further out (not Frankston as I think it  still has growth potential) to invest further.    Areas of the inner west are re-cycling now also and have reasonable prices and city proximity.

you reckon you would buy in frankston? how about west area of melbourne? i heard is full of factories and not many ppl wanna move to west…

My main objective is to invest my first investment property in melbuorne..about 300k..and get good return from rental and growth. if hits to double let say 600-700k, then i probably will sell the property (that might be after 7-10 years).

I dont really like perth now..as is too rediculous, the area i am looking at is in langford (WA) 8 years ago the median price is appox 75k, now worth 335k (only approx 14km to CBD), but….is really a big gap in 8 years….. which i believe it might be stablalised for long term…

i am not sure whether is good time to invest as i still need to wait for few months to see how the market perform.

Terrance

@yarpos

I dont think I would buy in Frankston again (unless we stumble on a great deal) as we already have a place there and as I said I think it will quiet down again now.  I am happy to hold the place we have there.    If you use the search  in these forums you will find plenty of debate on the Melbourne east vs west topic,  not all rational and usually just about entrenched positions and biases.   Parts of Melbournes west are industrial, parts very livable places…..same for east.   Melbourne is now about 70kms across ,  its dumb to generalise.   A lot of people judeg based on what they can see from a freeway.

Your objectives to me say inner location.  You can still get a reasonable apartment within 10k of the CBD with good transport access afor 300k.   I think that is pretty good in a city this size and I doubt it will last too much longer

Re waiting:   Timing as always an issue.   Ask your self what would you need to see in a few months to feel comfortable.  Would you actually do something then or will you just wait another few months etc etc.    There are many reasons to do nothing  e.g the market had gone down so I will wait to see if it goes lower,  the market has gone up so now I cant buy where I wanted to or am I buying at a peak?

I think there is value to be had here ,  but finding it from Perth would be difficult unless you are over often or perhaps engage a buyers agent.   Others here may have ideas to help a search if you decide to go ahead.

@mrkueh80

Thank you for your advise :)

may be i am start learning how to invest in share market first… learn from expert :)  

as i believe the share market is about a good time to invest as the market is pretty low now : )

try to learn as many as I can

Terrance
    http://www.squidoo.com/money_no_enough

@mrkueh80
    yarpos wrote:

I dont think I would buy in Frankston again (unless we stumble on a great deal) as we already have a place there and as I said I think it will quiet down again now.  I am happy to hold the place we have there.    If you use the search  in these forums you will find plenty of debate on the Melbourne east vs west topic,  not all rational and usually just about entrenched positions and biases.   Parts of Melbournes west are industrial, parts very livable places…..same for east.   Melbourne is now about 70kms across ,  its dumb to generalise.   A lot of people judeg based on what they can see from a freeway.

Your objectives to me say inner location.  You can still get a reasonable apartment within 10k of the CBD with good transport access afor 300k.   I think that is pretty good in a city this size and I doubt it will last too much longer

Re waiting:   Timing as always an issue.   Ask your self what would you need to see in a few months to feel comfortable.  Would you actually do something then or will you just wait another few months etc etc.    There are many reasons to do nothing  e.g the market had gone down so I will wait to see if it goes lower,  the market has gone up so now I cant buy where I wanted to or am I buying at a peak?

I think there is value to be had here ,  but finding it from Perth would be difficult unless you are over often or perhaps engage a buyers agent.   Others here may have ideas to help a search if you decide to go ahead.

Hi..what area you would buy in melbourne??? any recommendation?

@yarpos

I would buy and am currently looking within 10k of the CBD , north and west. (arc from Preston to Altona)I purchased there late last year and would like to do so again.   There is plenty of good buying there especially compared with other capital cities ,  although its catching up quickly…sadly

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.