Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of sksk
    @sk

Hi,

I actually have 2 related questions.

I am considering having a spa installed on a private roof top terrace of an apartment currently being built.  This would of course be installed above the floor area.

Question 1
    Are there any safety obligations a landlord needs to be aware of/abide by?  For example, is it necessary to have a self-closing gate around the perimeter?  I'm thinking if a tenant (eg child) has an accident, is the landlord liable?

I will be getting landlord insurance, but have not looked into that as yet.

Question 2
    Any feedback on the financial aspect of this would be nice to know.  Is this really likely to add value to a brand new 2-bed apartment (assuming it's being bought at market price)?  I will help make the private terrace a special place to be.  And, is it possible to quantify the amount of 'money back' in year 1 through depreciation (assuming highest income tax rate and $6-8000 spend on the spa)?  I'm thinking it would be good to know how much it would cost me in year 1 if we move in as PPOR after year 1 (putting the value equation aside).

I have a unique opportunity to install this (cheaper due to bulk purchase with 2 other purchasers, possibility of changing water supply/power provision etc if necessary and a crane is on site which could can lift them to the roof).

All of these considerations are going through my mind and will influence whether or not I go ahead with this.

Any thoughts would be great.

Many thanks.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.