All Topics / Creative Investing / Stamp Duty Cut

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of mrpropertymrproperty
    @mrproperty

Hi all , my friends mother was telling me the other day that she heard that stamp duty will be axed in September  for either  PPOR or first home buyers for all properties under 500k in Melbourne , is this true ?? has anyone heard of this? I am aware of the new price reduction in stamp duty , but not a total reduction

Profile photo of yarposyarpos
    @yarpos

we have just had a budget and it wasnt announced,  so sadly I doubt it for this year

Profile photo of mackarmackar
    @mackar

your mother was nearly correct…
    it is happening in Queensland from september I believe & mortgage duty also -up to $500k for first home buyers.
    should save between $5 – 10k I reckon all up… a bit like another first home buyers grant really isn't it!!!… I wonder if it will stimulate the real estate economy in queensland again????     what are your thoughts…

Profile photo of mrpropertymrproperty
    @mrproperty

thanx guys thats what I thought  , Mackar yes I guess it is really like a first home buyers grant really , I suppose every little bit helps those that are starting out , I dont know what the market is like in Qld so I am unable to say if the market will be stimulated , but I do remember 8 or so years ago in Melbourne when they introduced the 14k fhog grant in  i think it was on new dwellings it really kicked off the building of new homes and not long after there was a boom , but interests rates were quite a bit lower then also.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.