All Topics / Help Needed! / Two units in same group – would you risk it?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of LDodsonLDodson
    @ldodson

I have the opportunity to buy two units in the same group of 16. They're not located near each other in the group – I'm interested in your thoughts on if you think its a good idea to buy 2 in the same group.

Cheers
    Laura

Profile photo of roslynnchalwell@yahoo.com[email protected]
    @roslynnchalwell-yahoo.com

I don't see that buying two in the same complex would be an issue as long as it meets your investing strategy and you have done your due diligence.  

Things to look out for:

the complex has a good reputation 
    units easy to rent out 
    body corporate overseeing the complex is doing a good job and maintaining the complex
    body corporate fees are not to excessive and they don't continually ask owners for one off lump sums to complete major maintenance jobs

You can always knock on doors and ask the people living there if they like it and if it is a good place to live. 

Ros

Profile photo of yarposyarpos
    @yarpos

I am actively trying to do this at the moment.  The first one turned out so well , I would like to get another in the same group. 

All Ros's comments make perfect sense to me,  and hopefully you would have covered these in your own way with purchase number one.  If your happy with your current investment and like units why not?

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

If you own a second unit, then you have twice as many voting rights as the others when it comes to body corporate. You have all the more reason to be involved with the BC etc. If it is a good block of units, the sums stack up then you might as well consider it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.