All Topics / Value Adding / Development Opportunities in Adelaide

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of Tobyn85Tobyn85
    @tobyn85

Hi,  I am new to the scene.  I’ve been doing a lot of reading and a lot of thinking.  Now it is time to act. I am looking to make contact with some members of the forum active in the development discipline in Adelaide.  A friend has just completed a three house redevelopment, made a nice return and inspired me to shake off my inertia and get started.  So, I am looking to meet with some like minded investors in the Adelaide area, to learn and to team with.  I am interested in hearing from anyone in the Adelaide area who has an interest in small developments or has a development opportunity to be moved forward.  At the very least I’m keen to meet with Adelaide investors and perhaps establish a local group that can be used to help us pursue Adelaide deals and opportunities.

Many thanks. 
    Profile photo of Cam111Cam111
    Participant
    @cam111

Hi Tobyn85,

I'm from Adelaide and think it would also be good to get a group of us together , would be good to share ideas and experiences with like minded people! What part of town are you from?

I'm about halfway through my first two house development in Gilles Plains and its going really well, if your keen i could go into more detail about this project with you. I was a bit nervous about the whole thing as well but just did my research found a good deal and went for it and it has worked out extremely well so far!

Anyway if you want email me on [email protected] if you would like to go into this a bit more!

Cam.

Profile photo of Tobyn85Tobyn85
    @tobyn85

Hi Cam,

Great to hear from you.  I was beginning to think no-one was developing in Adelaide.
    I would love to hear more about your experiences.
    I have been getting started organising finances but really need some pointers regarding spotting deals and the next steps (DAs, finding a builder, etc etc).
    We live in Enfield just north of the city.
    I’ll email you directly to set up a time to meet for coffee?
    Cheers,
    Tobyn
    Profile photo of mant01mant01
    @mant01

Hi Tobyn85 and Cam,
    My husband and i have just completed a property development course and are very keen to make our way into PD and investing.
    The journey so far has been so exciting and  i would recommend the course we did to anyone.
    we have looked at a few possibilities so far , done the feasibility and still havent struck any deals although i am waiting to hear back from someone on an option to buy and rebuild.
    There are so many pssibilities out there that it really comes down to a few basic rules to make it viable , research,research,research.
    If you would like to share knowledge and ideas let me know and we can maybe organize a group.
    I would also love to hear what hurdles you guys have come up against.
    Mant

Profile photo of mant01mant01
    @mant01

Sorry guys, meant to say that we live in Mawson Lakes, so not too far from you .

Profile photo of LinarLinar
    @linar

Hi

I'm doing some developing in the Adelaide Hills and would be keen to get together and swap tips.  PM me and I will forward you all my details.

Cheers

K

Profile photo of pradeeppradeep
    @pradeep

AM fm melb and closely looking at investing in Adelaide on IP towards small developments raising value.
    Let me know if a group is formed or etc.

Thanks
    Pradeep

Profile photo of AAZAAZ
    Participant
    @aaz

We’ve completed several projects and find Real Estate Development is a great way to fast track your property portfolio.

While Real Estate Development isn’t without risks we find that it’s important to “Be Risk Aware NOT Risk Adverse.”

We started out with smaller development projects, this way any mistakes we made would be smaller and less costly. We figured that once we’d learnt more we could then take more calculated, knowledgeable risks and move into larger property development projects. To manage our risk we did the following:

-invested in our property education and developed the right mindset

-treated building our property portfolio as a real business and planned appropriately

-found a great team of real estate investing experts to give us sound professional advice

-always did proper research, to minimise the chance of purchasing a ‘lemon’

-started small so we didn’t overextend ourselves

-carried out a proper due diligence process so we didn’t overpay for a development site

-allowed a contingency amount for unexpected expenses and possible increased costs

-took out all the appropriate property insurances; and

-set up proper legal structures

Adrian and Amber
    http://www.RealEstateDevelopmentClub.com

Profile photo of firstmillionfirstmillion
    @firstmillion

Hi Guys,

I live in Windsor Gardens. I am interested in renos and developments. How is the group going on? I would be keen to share and learn from each others experiences.

Cheers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.